Thunderace suspension set up, anyone?

Billy Balthorpe
This post is 5709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm just in the process of buying an 'Ace.

Dog bones.

I have found sone aftermarket Dog Bones for the Ace which raise the rear ride hieght by 25 mm, this means that i wont have to drop the forks through the yokes and reduce the ground clearance. Are they worth it? Do they work?

Does anyone have a set up proceedure for the Ace once i've got these Dog Bones fitted (or without)? I've used the Performance Bikes set up on my Blade and on a 750SRAD and it was pretty good, measuring static and loaded sag, setting up the preload using cable ties to mark what you use etc etc. I've not been able to find one for the ace though.

There is an advert on Ebay for rebuilt rear shocks for the ace for £85. Anyone know how long the damping lasts in the standard shocks, i know that 'Busa shocks are fucked after about 5 - 10 K miles. Still ridable, but no where near what they were like when they were new. I'll ring Maxton today to get a price for a re-valve for the rear shock for comparison.

Anyone help??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online