i've gone hard up front!!!

liquidcooled
This post is 7399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

decided to spend the day sprusing up the xj's suspension. the back shocker was cleaned/greased etc.. but the most noticable thing i done was strip the forks, clean them all out, put fresh heavier oil in them and way hey, loads better. apparently the divvys are quite soft in the fork department too so i'd say it's worthwhile doing this to them also. to put it bluntly, the forks in my xj were soft as sh*te, the bike feels 100% better now. good days fettling :D highly recommended 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh, front suspension on the Divvy's is very soft.

As you say, thicker oil helps......but when you fit braided hoses then the increase in braking power starts bottoming the forks out again. :roll:

Very poor front disc on the Divvy 6 I found. There's only a single on the XT, but it's actually pretty effective TBH.

• Admin

Everything ive ever heard and read about the divvy suggests changing the fork oil so why the hell did yamaha choose it :shock:

Everything ive ever heard and read about the divvy suggests changing the fork oil so why the hell did yamaha choose it?  :shock:

Just the usual "Consumer Lining the Corporate Pocket" trick :roll: :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online