RT1 Timing

Yambandit
This post is 5618 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ditch the points set-up for sure! this is the main cause for that sonofabi@%h kickstart wreaking havoc on your leg.

use a latter model DT 250/400 cdi set-up and you'll be pleasently surprised. my RT1 is fitted with a DT400 stator,flywheel & CDI. it all just bolts straight in with the only difference being the RT1 flywheel weighs 1650grams and the DT400 weighs in at 1800grams. a little more torque you'll recieve as a result but i threw mine in the lathe and trimmed it back to 1650grams.

cool bikes the old RT's. B)

ditch the points set-up for sure! this is the main cause for that sonofabi@%h kickstart wreaking havoc on your leg.

use a latter model DT 250/400 cdi set-up and you'll be pleasently surprised. my RT1 is fitted with a DT400 stator,flywheel & CDI. it all just bolts straight in with the only difference being the RT1 flywheel weighs 1650grams and the DT400 weighs in at 1800grams. a little more torque you'll recieve as a result but i threw mine in the lathe and trimmed it back to 1650grams.

cool bikes the old RT's. B)

Cool, Thanks. Does it matter which year model DT? :unsure:

mine came from the first monoshock DT400 but i think they are mostly the same. have a good look at yours first as thats the only real guide i had to go on as well.

just found this one on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

it looks to be similar to what i have {it was a while back,memory check} but you'll still need to source a CDI box for it and if you have weak spark, possibly have the coil re-wound. sounds like a bit of a hassle but it'll be worth it for sure and transform your motor into something a lot easier to live with.

can't be too sure which CDI you'll need for that particular set-up, but i have mixed 'n' matched a few early yammie CDI's from one bike to another just by following the same number/same colour of wires from the CDI to the stator and have had no trouble.

i almost forgot to mention, you'll need the stator/flywheel and CDI. i don't recomend mixing the flywheels around with stators, keep them compatible to each other for sure.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online