Why aren't you out on your bikes.........

Pete
This post is 7273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sorry pete...but MotoGP on all morning, then BSB on all afternoon...then i have to go to work...nightshift..get in...NOT! :cry:

be quiet you silly old man :lol: , i have been 50 miles on my bike this morning, went up to work at 6 then out for a blast on the bike at 7.30, was going to do a usual fav 30 mile route of mine but decided to go a bit further. going to change the fork oil in the xj after i get off the net and go out another run. i'm hardcore boyo :twisted: :lol: 8)

Change of plan, and we decided to go to Llansteffan on the South coast of Carmarthenshire as we've got friends there.

The XT lapped up the narrow single lane roads/tracks there, that's it's type of terrain.

Nice round trip of 140 miles.

The day was only marred by the usual sportsbike heroes who seems to make a habit of accelerating at oncoming cars on the wrong side of the road. One daft twat even tried kicking at the oncoming cars! :roll:

• Admin

Well i havent been out on my bike :cry: as i had to go to church :shock:

And no religion is not me at all, however i was a godparent at my sisters christening today. Yep there is a 23 year gap between us :shock: At least i wil be able to perv over her friends when shes older :twisted:

• Admin

Im a dirty young man thankyou very much :wink:

i ride every day wihtout fail. but usually not far as im only on a 50. but last night i got pulled (not my fault i was with 2 guys 1 with no tail light and other pulled a stopie at some lights) and after the guy had given them a grilling, he had a go at me about my exhaust been to loud. the thing is i was told it was within the 82db limit, but its my k and n airfilter which gives it volume, can they do me for that or...?

Change of plan, and we decided to go to Llansteffan on the South coast of Carmarthenshire as we've got friends there.

The XT lapped up the narrow single lane roads/tracks there, that's it's type of terrain.

Nice round trip of 140 miles.

The day was only marred by the usual sportsbike heroes who seems to make a habit of accelerating at oncoming cars on the wrong side of the road. One daft twat even tried kicking at the oncoming cars!  :roll:

sounds good mate 8) the power ranger would have got a shock if he connected with the car and got thrown off! silly sod :roll: how's the bike 2 up then mate? does it still handle ok?

sounds good mate 8)  the power ranger would have got a shock if he connected with the car and got thrown off! silly sod :roll:  how's the bike 2 up then mate? does it still handle ok?

I'm always 2 up Alan....wifey goes everywhere with me!

Handling? Pretty amazing with these Tourances TBH.

I can go round bends 2 up quicker on this than anything I've ever ridden before. The strange thing is that it doesn't actually feel like I'm leaning much. Still got huge chicken strips on the tyres too. It seems like whatever corner you take, irrespective of speed, gear, positioning, camber, or road surface etc....it just goes round it like it's on rails.

The aforementioned sportsbike heroes were right up my ass prior to a mile long stretch of narrow, tight, uneven twisties. I just pinned the throttle to the stop and went round them at a consistent 80mph with ease....just flicking it from side to side. By the time I got to a straight stretch my mirrors were clear....they'd all been left by an old bloke 2 up on a Thumper! :lol:

That's when the twats all buzzed me on the straight veering in the path of oncoming cars. :roll:

cool 8) glad you're happy with your new ride, it certainly sounds great. i'd say bikes like these will often be overlooked, i've never been into them much but i'd bet i'd enjoy one if i had a go!!

So easy to ride Alan...and for whatever reason, it just seems to suit my riding style. I'm just totally relaxed on it. Could do with more power cos that would help with overtaking, but apart from that I can't fault the thing.

went out for a small ride today and the DT seemed to be soo dodgy, lagging power and handling well off, its been about 1 week since iv been out on it :oops: been neglecting riding recently....

i'v had this before this engine lag , does this happen to strokers if they dont get ridden everyday???

the handling i'm sure is just down to me not being out on it for a while...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online