dt125re bigger carb help please

This post is 4279 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all

just wanted to know if any one has managed or knows what carbs will fit a dt125r 2005 they have a 26mm standerd but i have been told you can put up to a 34mm- 36mm i have a athena 170 kit also tuned but stan stevenson but got all the bottem end i need but just dont go over 90mph i have a 290 jet in my carb and a k&n filter but still not enough air and fuel mix getting in and i have changed

reeds,

cranck,

flywheel,

the powervalve restriction

and just every thing you can think off even changed the gearing pleae pm me if you have any info or bits i can use i could make it worth your while!

many thanks

fraz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all

just wanted to know if any one has managed or knows what carbs will fit a dt125r 2005 they have a 26mm standerd but i have been told you can put up to a 34mm- 36mm i have a athena 170 kit also tuned but stan stevenson but got all the bottem end i need but just dont go over 90mph i have a 290 jet in my carb and a k&n filter but still not enough air and fuel mix getting in and i have changed

reeds,

cranck,

flywheel,

the powervalve restriction

and just every thing you can think off even changed the gearing pleae pm me if you have any info or bits i can use i could make it worth your while!

many thanks

fraz

TDR125R Dellorto will fit the DT125R, you will need the inlet rubber and the carb to airbox rubber. Try a worldwide search on ebay !

Remember that the smaller the bore of the carb, the higher the velocity of air going through it. My dad rekons a 30mm with the right jetting will suffice, but dont take our word (his) do a bit of research, ask around, I'm sure there's a few cab experts out there?????

Incidently why is the 170cc kit only giving you 90mph with Stan Stevens tuning? did he also tune the carb?, im guessing not. My standard dt125x will fill the clock nearly (80mph) with 2 up, no joke.... no lie! the only mod i have done is a Dep silencer, earth the powervalve retard wire, and a 18 front sproket!! This is all I've done!

• 4 weeks later...

Remember that the smaller the bore of the carb, the higher the velocity of air going through it. My dad rekons a 30mm with the right jetting will suffice, but dont take our word (his) do a bit of research, ask around, I'm sure there's a few cab experts out there?????

Incidently why is the 170cc kit only giving you 90mph with Stan Stevens tuning? did he also tune the carb?, im guessing not. My standard dt125x will fill the clock nearly (80mph) with 2 up, no joke.... no lie! the only mod i have done is a Dep silencer, earth the powervalve retard wire, and a 18 front sproket!! This is all I've done!

got a yz125 carb on it now and changed the gearing to 18 front and 50 rear

insted of 13 front 49 back

got all the carb tuned up ,took it out for the first time since over hall and got 103mph(thats with a set of talon super motos not crosser wheels) and it still felt smooth not shakey or any thing

i may add 2 teeth on rear may pull better on top end and may get a bit more

but run out of road lol when all sorted i will put my head cam on and make a video of it for you but any more tips for me then will be happy to hear them

ps i have spent over 4 grand on this bike pluse 1500 for the bike when i got it

got a yz125 carb on it now and changed the gearing to 18 front and 50 rear

insted of 13 front 49 back

got all the carb tuned up ,took it out for the first time since over hall and got 103mph(thats with a set of talon super motos not crosser wheels) and it still felt smooth not shakey or any thing

i may add 2 teeth on rear may pull better on top end and may get a bit more

but run out of road lol when all sorted i will put my head cam on and make a video of it for you but any more tips for me then will be happy to hear them

ps i have spent over 4 grand on this bike pluse 1500 for the bike when i got it

103mph (what kind of speed meter do you have), original dtr opnly shows up to 80mph.

103 has to be one of the top speeds on any dtr...Well done mate.

Some pics of the bike and a video would be nice.

Keep up the good work.

P.S I'm still a newbie...got a dtr125 2006 only does 70mph screaming (all original)

103mph (what kind of speed meter do you have), original dtr opnly shows up to 80mph.

103 has to be one of the top speeds on any dtr...Well done mate.

Some pics of the bike and a video would be nice.

Keep up the good work.

P.S I'm still a newbie...got a dtr125 2006 only does 70mph screaming (all original)

i have spent silly amounts of money on it

and no its not a standed speedo its a raptor vx4(£185) my local yammy dealer fitted it as i tried clocking my 1 when i brought a new engine but broke it

last time i had it on a dyno the top speed was 96.7mph thats with the athena big bore 170cc kit and a dep pipe it was 25kw witch is about 34 bhp

now i have a

twin dep pipe 1 off system i had made

a lightend fly wheel

athena crank and con rod set

had all the ports done on the athena kit and the bottom end smoothed (so that the bottem end lines up with the top end)

8 pettle reed block

and a yz carb

i am going to have it dynod next week soon as i have the results i will post a scan of them but if any one needs advice with there dt or tzr i am more then happy to help as i have been though a lot with my engines

hope to hear from you soon

• 1 month later...

THIS BIKE IS NOW FOR SALE

04 plate dt125re

1200 miles done

looking for 2700 quid ovno

quick bike:) (only pulls around 96 with standed wheels but gearing has been changed)

comes with

full sevice history

tax and mot till december

twin custom full dep system

lightend fly wheel

athena 170cc big bore kit (ported aswell and new pistonand rings just fitted )

fully tuned bottomend

yz 250 carb

carbon fiber reedsl

250 main jet

yz 250 upsidown forks with yoks

led tail light

carbon fiber wanabe indecators

brand new yammaha fitted clutch

eletronic speedo`

brand new chain and spricket set

new break pads all round

new wiring loom

frame gaurds and belly plate (anodised gold)

polished side casings with blue bolt set

has had a colour change was blue now black (fresh paint)

now has standed wheels as sold super motards brand new front wheel

this bike ows me over 5grand so i think its good deal at half the price this is a valueation from my locol yammy dealer

there is stil a ali 2 stroke tank that goes under the seat out of the way and a new head light and licence plate to be fitted

i have reseats for 98% of all work that has been done will take for another dyno run if wanted by buyer

and pics i will send vire email any questions please call frazer 9am-11:30pm on 07525187088

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online