what rubber for dtr125 road tyre

spuddy
This post is 5620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my son as a drr125 with standard rubber. now i want to put road tyres on for him

thge front is a 2.75x21 and the back is a 410x18

i sent him up to the bike shop this morning and they said avon distanzia were a good tyre.

are these avons good for wearing as the nobblys he as now dont last long on the rear.

also with the avon front all i can find is 3.00x21 will that tyre fit on as the one on there now is a 2.75x21

any info would be great

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dunnu if it helps, but here is a reply to an enquiry i sent recently, my bike is a DT175MX and also has a 21 x 2.75 original tyre size

---Original Message-----

Sent: 05 January 2009 16:15

To: [email protected]

Subject: Distanzia tyres

Hi, I want to fit Avon distanzia tyres to my 1979 Yamaha DT175MX, The wheel sizes are 21" front and 18" rear. I am baffled at the number of sizes and profiles available, Please can you tell me which would be the correct sizes to buy?

Thanks in advance...Paul

Reply...

Front:

Price: £31.99

Pt No. 506240

Description: 80/90S21 AM43 T/L Front

Rear:

Price: £38.99

Pt No. 506244

Description: 410S18 AM44 T/L Rear

You can get some hard wearing knobblies if you wanted to (if green laning comes into account) but if just road riding then definately the distanzia i think its the 'S' version you want aswell.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online