fzr 1000 exup misfire

mike1960
This post is 5537 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my fzr 1000 exup with exup valve removed , missfires under 4000rpm.

how can the misfire fault be sorted?

regards mike1960

Hi Mike

I'm not sure this will be of help but will try.

I've had a Genesis and two EXUP's in the past. 2 of the 3 had mysterious misfires.

One was caused by moisture in the plug caps, can't tell you why but it was worse at lower revs.

The second was caused the kill switch although this wasn't (engine) speed related.

What plugs are you running, had an TS (I'm sorry Yamaha) that would not run on anything but NGK.

I would check the plugs, an old trick is too pinch the HT lead, you can feel the spark, raise the revs and feel the difference, if it pulses more lower down it's having trouble firing, could be it's not getting hot enough to clean the plug?

Hope this helps

Ally :)

Hi Mike

I'm not sure this will be of help but will try.

I've had a Genesis and two EXUP's in the past. 2 of the 3 had mysterious misfires.

One was caused by moisture in the plug caps, can't tell you why but it was worse at lower revs.

The second was caused the kill switch although this wasn't (engine) speed related.

What plugs are you running, had an TS (I'm sorry Yamaha) that would not run on anything but NGK.

I would check the plugs, an old trick is too pinch the HT lead, you can feel the spark, raise the revs and feel the difference, if it pulses more lower down it's having trouble firing, could be it's not getting hot enough to clean the plug?

Hope this helps

thanks for yor help

regards mike 1960

Ally :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online