cooling fan

bigal461
This post is 5698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI EVERY ONE

Wonder if any body can help me. I have a problem with my cooling fan? i have a 2003 yamaha fazer 1000 i am having trouble with the radiator cooling fan. When i start the engine after about 20/30 seconds the fan cuts in and continues until i switch off the ignition. I have changed the thermo unit and cooling fan relay and have checked all conectons every thing else seems to check out ok? (PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO TRY.)

YOURS

BIGAL

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hiya Al.

This is quite normal and not a problem ,, "they all do that sir" ,,,,,,, with the exhaust being so close to the rad, Yamaha have made it so that when the bike is running the fan cuts in,this helps to keep the things cool and also stops the grease in the head bearings melting,cos it gets quite hot around the headstock ! one way to stop the fan running, is to drop the bike into gear then put it back in nuteral..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online