wire locking

drewpy
This post is 5697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

keeping the flat track project going I've drilled, thread locked and wired my disk onto the rear wheel.

Are these tensioned enough. I did pull on them hard and seeing as I used thread lock as well thought it should pass an MOT inspection!!

what do you think?

wireddisk1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks great Drewps.... B)

Reminds me of a few times where I helped my mate race-prep his FZ600 & RZ350. ;)

Your wire work looks good enough for me BUT ---- I prefer locking washers which can be made at the correct radius and hole centres to pick up on two adjacent bolts ( I.E. three washers required)

When making them alow each end to overlapp the extremities of the bolt hexagons in order that they may be bent up and over an appropriate flat

The big advantage of this is that the bolt heads don't need to be drilled and the washers can be carefully used again (and again)

Your wire work looks good enough for me BUT ---- I prefer locking washers which can be made at the correct radius and hole centres to pick up on two adjacent bolts ( I.E. three washers required)

When making them alow each end to overlapp the extremities of the bolt hexagons in order that they may be bent up and over an appropriate flat

The big advantage of this is that the bolt heads don't need to be drilled and the washers can be carefully used again (and again)

I'm trying to picture this in my head, but all i get is fog.

have you a picture/drawing to clarify?

I assume its not like the original xs disk locking method!!

I'm trying to picture this in my head, but all i get is fog.

have you a picture/drawing to clarify?

I assume its not like the original xs disk locking method!!

Sorry drewpy but I can't describe them any better and I can't send any images (yet)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online