04/05 R1 Identification

cloudhopper
This post is 5702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Looking at getting a 04 or 05 R1 and now know the different colour schemes for those years ,

but have noticed some dealers are advertising(and pricing) their bikes on year registrated and not year of manufacture.

I 'm keen on the Lava red ones which were available both years,so which digit/s on the ident plate tell me year model and if it's a uk model

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Looking at getting a 04 or 05 R1 and now know the different colour schemes for those years ,

but have noticed some dealers are advertising(and pricing) their bikes on year registrated and not year of manufacture.

I 'm keen on the Lava red ones which were available both years,so which digit/s on the ident plate tell me year model and if it's a uk model

thanks

I don't know about year but if it is a UK one it will have an Imobaliser on it, with a red light that comes on rev counter at the bottom when you switch the igniton on

I don't know about year but if it is a UK one it will have an Imobaliser on it, with a red light that comes on rev counter at the bottom when you switch the igniton on

thanks for the reply

I think all the european models have an immobiliser fitted and the same colours as the uk, but are some of them restricted power wise?

thanks for the reply

I think all the european models have an immobiliser fitted and the same colours as the uk, but are some of them restricted power wise?

thanks for the reply

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online