Are these exhausts any good?...

mits007
This post is 5571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

PS - is there the clearance for saddle bags?....

This is yours goff.. right?....

Yep those are the ones.

The only thing i will say is that you need to fuck about slightly to get them to fit and add some of your own spacers but its a piece of cake to do. And they look and sound the dogs bollox as you can see. I got a vid on youtube if you wanna her them

HERE

I use textile throwovers when im rallying - i dont have saddlebags but yeah theres loads of room.

Never rejetted or anything, just shoved em on and away i went - and no probs whatsoever

The heat shield that comes with them is shite so i suggest you get one made. I just paid 50 quid for a custom one but wirht it cos ive gone thrugh 3 pairs of waterproofs and they get REALLY hot.

HTH

Are these exhausts any good?..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-DRAGSTAR-V-ST...A1%7C240%3A1318

Whats everyones opinion of them?.. do you need to re-jet or optimise carbs if replacing stock exhausts?...

regards,

-Mits-

as goff said no probs with re jetting - fitted spot on 35 mins- sound awesome-had loads of posative comments --even from acouple of harley riders!!

as goff said no probs with re jetting - fitted spot on 35 mins- sound awesome-had loads of posative comments --even from acouple of harley riders!!

Ooooh you have them too!

Didnt you find you had to fanny about though to get them on - although the end result is fabulous!

Ooooh you have them too!

Didnt you find you had to fanny about though to get them on - although the end result is fabulous!

DIDN'T have much trouble at all but i did take brake pedal (all bracket ) & rectifier off first----also made a small plate/brackt to pick up on front hole so both hole on original mount were in use not just rear.

p.s what sort heat shield did you get as like u said original sh*t-- textile trousers melted & nasty marks on leathers-

but a small prce to pay :D:lol:

DIDN'T have much trouble at all but i did take brake pedal (all bracket ) & rectifier off first----also made a small plate/brackt to pick up on front hole so both hole on original mount were in use not just rear.

p.s what sort heat shield did you get as like u said original sh*t-- textile trousers melted & nasty marks on leathers-

but a small prce to pay :D:lol:

Yes i had to do the same. Also the heat shield was missing from them and he kept promising to send it but never did - until i started a paypal dispute then he sent it and its shite!! Also the baffles didnt fit without getting stuck so i had to spend ages grinding them to fit - but i dont have them in anyway - much better without!

I had my mate make a permanent one for me this is it - and its brilliant:

DSC01415.jpg

Yes i had to do the same. Also the heat shield was missing from them and he kept promising to send it but never did - until i started a paypal dispute then he sent it and its shite!! Also the baffles didnt fit without getting stuck so i had to spend ages grinding them to fit - but i dont have them in anyway - much better without!

I had my mate make a permanent one for me this is it - and its brilliant:

DSC01415.jpg

yep it is great -had been racking my brains as to what to do/use -what a brill idea- will be attempting to make 1 :D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online