Carb icing

wild foamy
This post is 5709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

it hink i have a bit of a problem with carb icing, in normal weather the bike is fine, but if i leave it outside when im at work sometimes it will be harder to start and run very rich until it has warmed up, same happened today when i got it out of the garage and its quite inconveniant having to go out to the garage with a hairdryer and pre-heat the carb (usually does the trick)

went into my local Motorist Discount and they advised me to pre-mix a little extra two stroke oil and use a little pot of Red-Ex to help stop the icing, i have now done it and it seems to have helped

anyone else have these problems and how do i solve it permanently?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone.

it hink i have a bit of a problem with carb icing, in normal weather the bike is fine, but if i leave it outside when im at work sometimes it will be harder to start and run very rich until it has warmed up, same happened today when i got it out of the garage and its quite inconveniant having to go out to the garage with a hairdryer and pre-heat the carb (usually does the trick)

went into my local Motorist Discount and they advised me to pre-mix a little extra two stroke oil and use a little pot of Red-Ex to help stop the icing, i have now done it and it seems to have helped

ride indoors or in summer :lol:

ride indoors

did that when i was 6 with a new gokart i got for xmas, knocked over a lamp, broke a table and got a bollocking off the old lady, somehow i dont think she will let my DT sit in the dining room :(

hi everyone.

I use Silkolene Pro FST, about 100ml to each 12 litre tank full during the winter. The recommended mixture is I think 1-2% but that's over the top. They would suggest using more than is really required of course!

ride indoors or in summer :lol:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never mind him stevy [He" no richt in the heed" :lol: ] Keep ur tank full [less air gap ] coz its the warm air condencing on tank sides . [ i kno its hardly warm air just now :D ] but its warmer than steel . + man u get alot o bother steve . ur a die-hard biker. :lol: + i see the old DT up for sale?, wen u 17 ? planning on bigger bike then ?

I use Silkolene Pro FST, about 100ml to each 12 litre tank full during the winter.

+1 ...... usually :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online