BT016 & BT014 tyres

wayno
This post is 5705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought an FZR600R, gotta stick a new rear on it (the front is a brand new BT014). I know you shouldn't mismatch tyres, but doens anyone know if you can use a BT016 rear with an 014 front? I fancy trying out the 016's, but don't want to shell out a small fortune for a new set of 2 when the front is ok, I'm just a bit dubious as to whether the two tyres will work together

Cheers

Wayne

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought an FZR600R, gotta stick a new rear on it (the front is a brand new BT014). I know you shouldn't mismatch tyres, but doens anyone know if you can use a BT016 rear with an 014 front? I fancy trying out the 016's, but don't want to shell out a small fortune for a new set of 2 when the front is ok, I'm just a bit dubious as to whether the two tyres will work together

Cheers

Wayne

Geday mate, This stuff about not mixing brands and not mixing types of tyres within brands, is the biggest load of horse shit! Run whatever you feel confident with and whatever seems to suit your bike the most. I really like Michelins as a front tyre however don't feel as though they are a great drive tyre. In my experience,price has little to do with rear tyre performance as well. I am running a relatively cheap Conti road attack on the rear of my Blackbird and,for me,it really suits the bike.Running a Pilot Power up front. Running Pilot Power 2cts on my K6 and just about to try a Conti sport attack on the rear. It has had about 6 or 7 different tyres on the rear,and seldom have they matched the front and it is absolutely hammered.Also don't get into the trap of fitting a new front tyre just because you have replaced the rear. It is normal to get at least twice the life from a front over a rear. Heaps of people will disagree with this advice. Try it for yourself and make your own judgement.HAVE A BLAST. Paul.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online