Who else rode through snow today?

Ttaskmaster
This post is 5706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yep, it's snowing. 3-4" deep, more in other places, cars are backed up, there's grit everywhere, people are absent from work, all the local schools are shut.......

......And I'm sat here at work, having ridden all the way here in 2nd gear.

The snow wasn't a problem once I got onto major roads.

However, I still haven't gotten around to buying any Pro FST yet, so my carbs are icing and I stall at every fecking red light!!!

Who else has been brave/stupid this morning, then?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I did!.

rode to school only to find it was closed, spent a few minutes playing around the streets , drifting around corners and generally having fun in the snow, but it seems my little DT doesn't like the cold and i think it had a bit of trouble with carb icing, just didnt want to go, kept stalling and was running very rich

Nope not me. All the schools are shit and we're snowed in so cosy day in for the Goff household :D

The schools round our way are quite good, but they're shut today :unsure:

:lol:

Thats what i meant! Damn these girly nails :lol:

I've just been for a ride about - just for shits 'n giggles realy!

It's like riding speedway................ no breaks!

I'm really not sure what all this bl00dy fuss is about - There was 8 inches of the stuff on top of the Landy this morning, drove 122 miles to Radclife, then drove home again. My missus arrived at school this morning (now she has a stupid little Pugot 207, with stupid wide wheels) to find no-one else could make it, wouldn't care but she has to travel 15 miles, and one teacher lives in the same sodding village as the school!!!!

Is the world incapable of driving, walking, riding, crawling when we get a bit of frozen precipitation - or does the UK just love a good excuse to swing the lead ??

Yours,

Grumpy of Cumbria

I've just been for a ride about - just for shits 'n giggles realy!

It's like riding speedway................ no breaks!

I'm really not sure what all this bl00dy fuss is about - There was 8 inches of the stuff on top of the Landy this morning, drove 122 miles to Radclife, then drove home again. My missus arrived at school this morning (now she has a stupid little Pugot 207, with stupid wide wheels) to find no-one else could make it, wouldn't care but she has to travel 15 miles, and one teacher lives in the same sodding village as the school!!!!

Is the world incapable of driving, walking, riding, crawling when we get a bit of frozen precipitation - or does the UK just love a good excuse to swing the lead ??

Yours,

Grumpy of Cumbria

Completely agree! When my pops was stationed in Germany it was 10 times worse and nothing stopped for it - they just chucked on snow chains, threw on wellies and a warm coat and went about their usual business! oh and it was law that you had to clear the snow from the footpath outside your gate too

I'm really not sure what all this bl00dy fuss is about - There was 8 inches of the stuff on top of the Landy this morning,

The fuss, dear Grumpy, is that I can only manage about 15mph before I can no longer expect my rear brake to function effectively and I end up sliding my 37 stone of bike, plus my own 11, through your car window as I slip about on the 5" deep, loose-snow-covered road that the council cannot be arsed to grit for me!!

i think its jsut that the UK has sh*t weather but never any snow. so when the snow comes they dont know what the f*ck to do!.

anyone watching the new series of Ice Road Truckers? :P

i think its jsut that the UK has sh*t weather but never any snow. so when the snow comes they dont know what the f*ck to do!.

anyone watching the new series of Ice Road Truckers? :P

for a young man you have got it right any extremes in weather in this country everybody panics and doesn,t know what to do because we dont see much snow unlike alot of other countrys who see it every year and are more prepared,like goffs dad when he was in germany its taken as a normal thing heavy snow life carrys on , this is snow me waist deep in the first snow of winter and no i am not that small

Photo04_4.jpg

and to your question on ice truckers ,yes watch it and love it

The fuss, dear Grumpy, is that I can only manage about 15mph before I can no longer expect my rear brake to function effectively and I end up sliding my 37 stone of bike, plus my own 11, through your car window as I slip about on the 5" deep, loose-snow-covered road that the council cannot be arsed to grit for me!!

no no no no no no no no

Not you and your bike, jeasus, I had the TTR sidways proping the thing up with my leg - at a whole 20mph...

No, I'm reffering too the who har about this weather, you'd think we'd never had snow in a generation.........

Had to laugh at the bloke across the road, couldn't get his car up the ramps onto his drive..... So I put mine up there and let him park in my drive which I'd cleared earlier. I wish we had this weather all winter - but that would only leave the second week in May to have dry roads...... :unsure:

Crikey OT, I had you down as older than that...and all them trees too, I never noticed them last time I went down the East Lanc's road :lol:

that was me 25yrs ago in bavaria og , there are a few trees on the east lancs but most of them got blown down in the extreme weather conditions lol

to deep to go out here.... i would if i had a dirt bike maybe

but suicide on my 600

Fecking awful this morning - Berkshire County Council are running out of grit, so many of Reading's roads were awash with fresh snow and sludge, which became slush as it started to rain....

The Wife has threatened to hide my bike keys tomorrow, coz she knows I'll ride to work. :unsure:

its not as bad here as it was monday and tuesday, its a bit warmer and the majority of the snow has melted and turned to slush.

i went to Thatcham just a few minutes ago and got a load of plants, food and stuff for my fishies...

got a load of plants, food and stuff for my fishies...

How much do you know about them ??

Our male Siamese has been playing dead for 3 days! he's been a tit since we put in two females for him to play with.... Every now and then he swims around the tank at full speed, then returns to his hiding place in the plants, and plays dead. Actuall, come to think abaout it, I would do that two if I had two females chasing me......

Have you tested the water for Ammonia, NitrITE and nitrATE? for a siamese fighter you need Ammonia and Nitrite to be 0 and NitrATE to be less that 40, preferably around 20-30 or lower.

sounds asif it may be stress related if he is placid on minute but tearing around the tank the next. what are you feeding him and have you changed anything else apart from the addition of females?

sorry everyone... :offtopic:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online