FZ1 Fazer panniers

King
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone fitted Yamaha hard panniers to their FZ1 Fazer (2008)?

I've just fitted mine and they look great. They are big enough to accommodate full-face lids - great when going to race meetings and big enough for holidays.

Some tips:

1. Don't bother paying the £70+ for lock sets that match the ignition - a non-matched set is only £25

2. Don't bother fitting the additional brake light that comes with the kit - it makes one of the great rear-ends of the bike world look truly awful (I'm probably breaking some law with regard to distance of brake light from rear of vehicle but we can only be talking a few cm's here)

My only gripe is that once the indicators are fitted to the extension bar (required or they'll foul the panniers), the gubbins at the back of the indicators is exposed and you need to cable tie the... cables. All a bit ugly, so if anyone has a neater solution, please let me know (e.g. would a tail tidy work?).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online