Realistic Price?

wild foamy
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone.

what price would i get if i was to sell my DT50MX, its got a lot of features on it and now ive sorted out the carb and mixture its been very reliable.

its 1990, got 24,000 miles on the clock, brand new tyres, good brakes and clutch, all new control cables, new wheel bearings, Acerbis headlamp, renthal bars, carbon effect indicators, Reinforced handguards, new chain and sprockets, spare set of tyres (with legal tread), pod filter, Bigone exhaust and expansion chamber.

its also got new piston rings in it which have about 50 miles on them, spare set of brand new piston rings, brand new in box big bore kit, V5C, HPI Clear, Old MOT certificates, 9 months Tax and MOT, Haynes manual, Yamaha publication brochure, old tax disks and various other bits of paperwork.

so realistically, what is a good price for it?

- Steve

Pics attached

Image167.jpg

Image166.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would probably sell that bike for around the £500 mark if it was in my showroom.

Part-ex, I would probably offer around £400.

I would probably sell that bike for around the £500 mark if it was in my showroom.

Part-ex, I would probably offer around £400.

Thats ^ the best way to get a realistic price Steve. Presumably you are after something else? take it into a showroom and see what they'll offer you for it (prices do vary a bit depending on where you are in the counrty, local demand etc).

The only thing is, it's approaching a Classic in the coming years, so it might sway the price a bit, I don't know, it's just a thought - you might find some old bugger who'll pay more for it......

would being a classic affect the price at all?.

last time i took it to probike they started laughing :P, plus there arent any nice 50cc bikes in there that i can afford, the only Enduro they had in there last time was a reiju SMX50 which was £1,599