bike not runing

Michael Jones
This post is 5714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i Have a dt50mx with a dt80 engin in it. The bike starts strat away and it will tick over well. it will tick over for about 10mins then it will cut out. It will do the same when i am riding it. i Live about have a mile from the main road the bike will cut out befor i get to the main road.

It semed like a lack of fuel. i cleand out the cab and flushed the tank. It still doing the same can any one help!!!.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes

Its either running out of fuel because the carb is only filling slowly......Or running out of sparks

You need to find out which is the case, next time it conks out, pull the spark plug and test for sparks, it might be the pickup coil breaking down as the engine warms up, then as it cools a little works again...and so on and so on,

you say you flushed out the tank...what was it like?

Its either running out of fuel because the carb is only filling slowly......Or running out of sparks

You need to find out which is the case, next time it conks out, pull the spark plug and test for sparks, it might be the pickup coil breaking down as the engine warms up, then as it cools a little works again...and so on and so on,

you say you flushed out the tank...what was it like?

there was rust partercals from in side the tank some i changed the tank to a never one i had

Did you clean the screen in the fuel tap bowl, I know you said the flow is OK, but with rust particles you should have done this anyhow.

Is the air vent hose thingy blocked coming from the tank? Try riding the bike with the fuel cap loose or removed (just for testing) and see if you are able to run it for a decent length of time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online