Rounded Allen bolt!

axl
This post is 7274 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Exactly that!, just how do you get these fekers off!!.........

And another thing, you either have one or another right!, well my end can has an Akrapovic badge on it but a Micron "end" on it :?.

But the 3 Allen bolts that hold it on 1 of them is rounded :evil:, but the first time the mate saw/heard it "oh get the wadding out of that, it's chocking it to fuck, you can hear it when you rev it".

I said he talking bollocks, he said ok them but you take the wadding out and you'll see the diffirence, is he right?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Not sure on what bolt you are talking about as then i could think about the amount of space you have to do it.

If you can get an angle grinder there, buy a thin disk and cut a slot in it, then you can use a large screwdriver to unscrew it.

If that fails it is possible to do the same with a dremel but it will take you hours :shock: But yes i have done it with hundreds of bits later :lol:

Or the easiest way if you know someone who can weld, is to weld a nut onto the end via the hole in the middle then you can just stick a socket on.

I hate allen head bolts as there is always someone before you who has used cheap allen keys which dont fit properly :evil:

I always change any bolt that i can find if it even looks like its damaged, far easier in the long run

I'd thought of all these but it's a bastard getting "into it", but I see what you mean about welding a nut, fekn good idea that :wink:.

Yea I know what you mean about peeps before you using Allen's that dont fit right, thats exactly what's happened :evil:.

It's the 3 bolts that hold the "spout" at the end on.

• Admin

You could drill em and re tap it also

• Admin

And even easier drill them out and rivet them

Is the wadding in the can "strangling" the power?, 2 mates seem to think so, either that or they just want to have it louder.

Personaly I think they just just want it louder, to say "see, he believe's what we say", I think there talking shite.

• Admin

If its a race can you will be able to see straight through it to see if any wadding is entering the main pipe restricting the flow

Yea I can see straight through it but there's wadding in it too. I got the wadding out tonight but to be honest I dont notice any diffirence at all!.

It's a bit more noisier but thats it, should I just put it back in, 2 mates reckoned the wadding was strangling the power, but it's me who's riding it not them!!.

And personally I dont feel any change apart from like I say some more noize, it's not deffining loud just a bit.

• Admin

Wouldnt worry about what they say mate :roll: