Yamaha Tr1

Exhaust Craft
This post is 5715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1981 Tr1,when accelerating at 38000 rpm the bike starts to slow down,not sure what is the problem,has anybody had this problem before?

Cheers David

Hi David,

I had loads of probs with TR1's not performing to well. One that kept occuring was inlet manifolds, they tended to allow air through between the carb & manifold, first hint of this was backfiring on over run then it got worse. You will find a valve under the l/h plastic below the fuel tank, it's function was to prevent the backfire on over run as the TR is now an old beast the tubes running from the valve to the induction system may have rotted

Regards Jim

Hi David,

I had loads of probs with TR1's not performing to well. One that kept occuring was inlet manifolds, they tended to allow air through between the carb & manifold, first hint of this was backfiring on over run then it got worse. You will find a valve under the l/h plastic below the fuel tank, it's function was to prevent the backfire on over run as the TR is now an old beast the tubes running from the valve to the induction system may have rotted

Regards Jim

Hi Jim one of the inlet rubbers split last year,so i replaced them both,i was talking to a guy one day who told me his mate had had trouble with a xv750,he found that the generator was faulty,

Cheers David

Hi Jim one of the inlet rubbers split last year,so i replaced them both,i was talking to a guy one day who told me his mate had had trouble with a xv750,he found that the generator was faulty,

Cheers David

Hi David,

when they did that one they blew bulbs like no tomorrow !!! so unless you have that problem I guess not .. but just check the charge rate across the battery you need 14.5v @ 3k rpm if it is not charging at that rate the genny could be down

Regards Jim

Hi David,

when they did that one they blew bulbs like no tomorrow !!! so unless you have that problem I guess not .. but just check the charge rate across the battery you need 14.5v @ 3k rpm if it is not charging at that rate the genny could be down

Regards Jim

I will check the charging rate,thanks very much for the information,the fix would probably fairly easy,just finding the fault

Cheers David