DT 250 MPG?

gil490
This post is 5567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own a 1978 DT-250 and was just wondering what MPG you guys are getting on these. I have the 78, which is 16 or 17hp instead of the older 20hp on the older DT's. I think im barley getting over 30 which kinda sucks, I thought i read somewhere on 70mpg : ( --- If i could get 40mpg I would be alot happier. I bought the bike for 80% wanting a bike and 20% to save gas because i own a 86 ford f150 12mpg in city. What MPG are u guys getting with ur DT's?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
I own a 1978 DT-250 and was just wondering what MPG you guys are getting on these. I have the 78, which is 16 or 17hp instead of the older 20hp on the older DT's. I think im barley getting over 30 which kinda sucks, I thought i read somewhere on 70mpg : ( --- If i could get 40mpg I would be alot happier. I bought the bike for 80% wanting a bike and 20% to save gas because i own a 86 ford f150 12mpg in city. What MPG are u guys getting with ur DT's?
I get 30 something on my 1978 dt400 but get 50 something on my sr 500.

What MPG are u guys getting with ur DT's?

YES it depends on the way u ride it .. If u short shift [ 3000 rpm] between gears " u will get 40 + mpg . if its not returning that sort of figures. Iwud check the air filtre/ + make shure the chain isn"t too tight[ when sitting on bike] coz it can drag +cause bearing failure. then thers the carb . [ clean+ inspect] overflow [floats] leaks [hoses] ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online