A massive plea for your help!

goosex7
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, we’ve got off on the wrong foot i should of introduced my self. My names Sean, 17 and love all things classic Yamaha. Be it Lc's, powervalves, RD's, TZR's, FZR's. I like them all. My main passion is restoring them; this is my RD50mxII, brought for £155, in boxes 18 months ago. Sorry if I offended anybody by not introducing myself.

As some of you on here may know, I’m into my RD’s and TZR’s. Well turns out my little RD50 has made it through to a certain magazines, top 15 rebuild of the year :o

This is where I need your help. It works a little like that program called x-factor or something along them lines. So basically I need your help, get voting. It costs 10p via the phone and is free with the email vote.

Below are some of the rebuild pictures, before and after. And the pages from the magazine with the voting details at the bottom of the page.

ClassicBikeJan2009002.jpg

ClassicBikeJan2009003.jpg

ClassicBikeJan2009004.jpg

Picture2049-1.jpg

caliper-1.jpg

caliper1-1.jpg

enginels-2.jpg

enginels1-2.jpg

enginers.jpg

enginers1.jpg

PC080225.jpg

rd50leftside.jpg

tankbolt.jpg

tankbolt2.jpg

oiltankside1.jpg

oiltankside.jpg

oiltank.jpg

oiltank2.jpg

seatpan-1.jpg

seatpan.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Uh-huh........

Sorry, but why should I vote for you?

"As some of you on here may know, I’m into my RD’s and TZR’s"

That is all I know about you and, given that this is your only post - not even a 'hello' in the introductory threads - I doubt anyone else here would know you.

Uh-huh........

Sorry, but why should I vote for you?

"As some of you on here may know, I’m into my RD’s and TZR’s"

That is all I know about you and, given that this is your only post - not even a 'hello' in the introductory threads - I doubt anyone else here would know you.

Well I would have paid for the graphics to restore it back to original. The 87 FS1 I'm doing is to the same standard as the photo's supplied and there is no way I would enter it anywhere to be judged I would guess a resto is down to personal satisfaction rather than oneupmanship. The FS1 is about half done do I post pics or not ?

Regards Jim

sorry mate it might be a yamaha ,but it would have been better to introduce yourself.

but in my case i have already voted for this lovely bike even though its not a yammie

File0067.jpg

top 15 rebuild of the year

Aye james " saw ur rd in classic mag. hope it sounds better than DIANA[xfactor] :lol: yeh i"ll sqeeze u in a vote

. Theres a cracking KH500 On there also ... not a yam tho ;)

Sorry if I offended anybody by not introducing myself.

'S okay.

We do get a bit arsey about such things, for one simple reason;

Walking into a forum and going, "Hey, vote for me", "Tell me how to fix my bike", "Show me where to find accessories" and whatever else people tend to ask is exactly the same as going into a pub or biker cafe you've never visited before and saying the exact same things.

Consequently you get the exact same "eh? Who the f**k are you?" response...

oh dear, what a start!

i like what you have done, but as the others have said would have been better to build us upto it.

good luck ith getting your votes.

Well, we’ve got off on the wrong foot i should of introduced my self. My names Sean, 17 and love all things classic Yamaha. Be it Lc's, powervalves, RD's, TZR's, FZR's. I like them all. My main passion is restoring them; this is my RD50mxII, brought for £155, in boxes 18 months ago. Sorry if I offended anybody by not introducing myself.

Sean that bike is a credit to you well done, a quite fantastic job for a 17 year old, you get my vote, hope to see you around. :thumb:

noticed a lot of 'we' did this and 'we' did that,, who was 'we' ?

how much did yer dad help you?

dont get me wrong,

i mean its a great job restoring it, full credit to you laad,, when i was your age,,, back in the day....

restoring a bike was the last thing on my mind , if i recall her name was jackie,,

but i just wondered how much of the restoration you actually did yourself..

since your taking all the credit for it.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online