new baby

shed hermit
This post is 5715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi folks

got myself a new project last night, a honda vf750f, :D she is running and all there. it needs a full new exhaust, fork seals and maybe a tank. the headers are totally rotten so i will make new ones unless i find some cheap, the tank is in good shape with no dents but it was leaking at some time and has been patched (but i dont no how well) apart from that everything is there and all the lights are working, pretty good shape for a 25 year old bike. :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi folks

got myself a new project last night, a honda vf750f, :D she is running and all there. it needs a full new exhaust, fork seals and maybe a tank. the headers are totally rotten so i will make new ones unless i find some cheap, the tank is in good shape with no dents but it was leaking at some time and has been patched (but i dont no how well) apart from that everything is there and all the lights are working, pretty good shape for a 25 year old bike. :P

check those valves and cams

check those valves and cams

will do drewpy. i had her running last night and i thought i could hear a slight ticking from the rear head, was hard to hear without exhausts. going to strip her down to paint the frame and i will do the heads when the engine is out. the engine wont be to heavy will it ???? :lol::lol: might try and get a couple of pictures of her tonight if i can make room in the shed.

will do drewpy. i had her running last night and i thought i could hear a slight ticking from the rear head, was hard to hear without exhausts. going to strip her down to paint the frame and i will do the heads when the engine is out. the engine wont be to heavy will it ???? :lol::lol: might try and get a couple of pictures of her tonight if i can make room in the shed.

the reason I said that is the VF's were eventually withdrawn to be replaced by the VFR series due to severe premature cam and valve wear

the reason I said that is the VF's were eventually withdrawn to be replaced by the VFR series due to severe premature cam and valve wear

the clock says it got 22,000 on it but i dont know if this is right. the guy i bought it from had it sitting a couple of years and the guy before that was the same. the disks and footpeg rubbers are like new so it might not be far away. do you know if there are cups on top of the valves that are adjusted by inserting shims? i havent had time to look yet and i need to get a manual.cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online