Bike trailer

wild foamy
This post is 5714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

would quite like to build a motorcylce trailer so i can transport my DT around without having to call my dad over to pick it up in the van or for when i next breakdown miles from anywere.

my dad recently built himself a double-axles trailer using a trailer tent chassis and wheels, box section and checker plate, are there any plans/drawings available for fabricating a single or maybe even double motorcycle trailer?

regards

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Building a trailer is easy enough if you can read a drawing and, more importantly, if you can weld :)

I'll have a root around and see what I can find.

i can TIG and MIG weld, havent tried ARC welding yet though...

gonna go to the local scrapyard and see if i can find me some goodies... preferably a set of axles off a trailer :)

Sweet, ive got a big old ranch truck 4x4 I can use to transport, but my girlfriend doesnt know how to drive it lol, so if i break down it sucks. I was just at the Police Department other week getting a VIN Verification done and one of the main things was NO HOMEMAD TRAILERS posted on wall and sheet i had with info. Thought it was kinda funny, i bet they've seen some doozies in there time with homemade trailers, I know ive witnessed a few trucks converted to trash haulers with some plywood and nails lol.

Any rigid axle can be used. It can be from any small car. I've used axles from Minis, Fiestas, 205s and AXs before now.

yeh but trailer tent axles are self-contained units with suspension, readily available and easy to fit hence why i would rather use them, however if a rear axle does crop up from somewere then thats something to consider.

its only going to be carrying my DT and maybe something a bit bigger (400?) in a couple of years so it doesnt need to be braked or have heavy duty suspension.

i got some plans drawn up and a rough sketch on my workshop floor of the size of the thing, do i need to register it to be road legal?

including towhitch it will be 10ft long by 3ft wide

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online