Kawasaki....what went wrong?

Pete
This post is 7276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

They had the world at their feet in the 70's with the Zed and the Triples!

Then a succession of bikes over the years that went well past their sell by date, seemingly no interest in development, minimal marketing and exposure compared to the other 3, and now finally a pooling of resources with Suzuki! :roll:

I love Kwaks and I'm sorry to see this happen. :cry:

What went wrong?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's a Cryin' shame that they're associated with SuSucky in the R&D Dept. :?

Been seeing alot of similarities between the 2 makes since this onslaught :?

Waiting for that God-Foresaken Day when we see a Kawa come to life! :shock: :roll:

how long have they not been so good though pete? the gpz900 was revoulutionary when released and surely the zxr's were pretty hot stuff, not to mention their zzr1100. i liked their older bikes though tbh, the zeds are still one of the prettiest bikes ever made and triples are awsome. i dont know much about it all really so cant comment on the way kawasaki have gone :oops:

I think they lost interest in the mid 80's Alan.

From there on you see the same old models going on year after year....a current example of that is the ZZR600, and also the KLR650.

OK....the ZZR1100 was a world beater in it's day, and so was the ZX10....but the rest of the range is and was very weak. It's like they put all the focus on one particular bike like the latest ZX10R....and nothing else to back it up. The other 3 offer a much more comprehensive range.

WTF are those Z750/1000's supposed to be? :roll:

The guy who designed those parts bin specials needs psychiatric treatment! :lol:

WTF are those Z750/1000's supposed to be?  :roll:  

The guy who designed those parts bin specials needs psychiatric treatment!  :lol:

I think a bit of a Retro-Standard......trying to use up any old parts lying around :roll:

• Admin

Hmm whats wrong with the new 636, i had a go on my friends and i would definatly swap it for my bike. I feel a lot more confident riding that than my bike :cry:

The 636 is a nice bike and would be my choice for a sports 600.

But can you name any others worth having from their range? I can't.

Honda and Yamaha are consistently innovating and developing, and even Suzuki come out with new stuff like the VStrom, SV1000 etc.

Kwak? They change the colour scheme....occasionally! :roll:

• Admin

Change the colour :shock: Is that a joke :? As ive never seen a kawasaki thats not green :shock:

[edit] i lie i saw a black one a few days ago :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online