Should i get a Dragstar?

Spawn
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im new to bikes, im looking for my first bike which will mainly be for comuting, but i want a bike that will look good, and is comfortable.

I recently went into my local bike dealer and they showed me the four 125cc bikes they had in stock, an old Honda, two mopeds and a Yamaha Dragstar 125 xvs 2004 for £1495, what i want to know is, would this be an ideal bike to start on, and is it a good deal? (its done close to 18000 miles)

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes you should get a dragstar, its proberly the best 125 on the market in my opinion. Im also looking for one.

seen one like you mention around aldershot way. not sure if its the one you looked at. how long you planning on keeping the 125? i will be looking to spend nearer 2k , get a mint one for that with 4 to 6k on the clock, and you should get most of the cash back in a year if you decide to step up to a bigger cc

take your time and one will show up, just dont go for the same one as me :rolleyes: as they are pretty hard to find.

well im going to uni this year so ideally i want it to last a while lol, dont want too many extra expenses :D

i cant really afford 2k, 1.5k is really my limit here, but i fell in love with the bike as soon as i saw it, and btw its in norfolk, wont say exactly where though, cos well... you know, MINE! :rolleyes:

there are plenty of dragstar 125,s for sale through out the country some good some not,if you are looking to buy one and you are looking at dealers then they will always be three or four hundred pounds more than a private sale, and as for trading one in then you wont get your money back from one bought through a dealer! thats how they make there money and survive , i have a 2001 125xvs dragstar with 4600 mile on the clock i was asking £1300 pounds private sale but yesterday and today have had two dealers offer me stupid amounts one who had a dragstar for sale in his showroom with 12thousand mile on the clock and agreed mine was far cleaner but said well we have to make a profit not from me mate.

heres mine clean or what

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00717640x480.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

so i have now decided to keep it and run two bikes good luck in your looking for the right one

Cant go wrong witha dragstar. I have the 650, but theres a bloke at uni who rides a 125 there every single fekkin day come rain or shine!

OT yours is lovely :D

Cant go wrong witha dragstar. I have the 650, but theres a bloke at uni who rides a 125 there every single fekkin day come rain or shine!

OT yours is lovely :D

you cant go wrong with a dragstar , i also ride evey day rain or shine but always clean bike everytime and get of road salt etc its the only way to maintain your bike is ok , the reason i put pictures of my bike up again is that so many people on here keep saying they want one and they are hard to find a good one, bollocks i am with taskmaster on this there are loads out there if you really want one then do it , otherwise i end up reading the same old topics again and again

thanks one and all for your comments on my bike

Im new to bikes, im looking for my first bike which will mainly be for comuting, but i want a bike that will look good, and is comfortable.

Define "looks good".

I think the 700 Deauville 'looks good'. So does the Hayabusa, Rocket III and several other different bikes.

What look are you going for?

As for commuting, the Drag will do it.

Do not expect to be as amazingly nippy as a CG125 or anything, but you will be surprised at how nippy you still are. Remember that you're still a massive cruiser and your bars are close on 3' wide.

Comfort is a matter of opinion.

A lot of short-arses get cruisers because they're low to the floor. They forget that you need loooooooooong limbs to reach the controls. However, the Drag is quite forgiving of this and at 5' 11", I found it was ultimately too small for me to be comfortable beyond about 150 miles. Even my 650 is a touch on the tiny side.

Overall, a very good bike (but I hate chain drives), light enough to chuck about in the twisties and manhandle into tight parking spaces.

Yamaha Dragstar 125 xvs 2004 for £1495, (its done close to 18000 miles)

It's a reasonable deal. Not amazing, but reasonable.

You can find better with a bit of a Google.

well im not into mopeds, i like the look of the Dragstar, tbh it was like love at 1st sight lol

i dont want to go fast, just faster than a 50cc

well im 6 foot 2, so the long limbs isnt a problem at all, and i doubt ill be doing too many long journeys on it (although im sure ill want to :D )

keeping in mind its in a garage, so it has been serviced and i will get a warrenty

unfortunately from what ive seen searching for other bikes there isnt much activity in my area, im unlikely to find another Dragstar thats close enough

i might not have mentioned before, i need to be on a bike asap for work, so this is looking like my best option atm

thanks

well had decided to keep mine but now having taken a run out to dk at stoke i am very tempted to let them have it, i had thought i would sell it for £1300 private sale , spoke to a salesman at dk about a xj600 they had for sale and mentioned putting mine in px he said about £1100 if it was clean with no damage, well arrived there saw the xj600 then he came out to look at my bike and said i thought you said it was clean? f...king hell mate its mint the offer then went to £1400 so i said i will think about and it left him my number. so all i can say is i will sleep on it

Feck, OT......

Come summer, that should sell for around £2300!!!

Seriously, wait a touch and flog it when the market's good!!

Well this 'nancy boy with girl's hair' has had women come up to him on the street, asking if they can get photos of them posing on his 125 Drag.

Don't get that with mud-rollers!!

If you're really concerned about what image your bike conveys, ALL bikers are poofs!!

In particular, anyone who reckons riding a bike makes them special, typically those on a 'Blade, 'Busa or anything you can "get yer knee daahn" on.

Then again, poof also are people who drive cars (especially Range Rovers), vans, busses, lorries and all else.

The only people who are not raving queers are pilots of heavily armed assault helicopters.

So, unless you fly an aircraft with a 20mm cannon and several racks of missiles, you are just as much of a faggot as the rest of us!! :D

Where's the 'Gunship' emoticon?

The only people who are not raving queers are pilots of heavily armed assault helicopters.

So, unless you fly an aircraft with a 20mm cannon and several racks of missiles, you are just as much of a faggot as the rest of us!! :D

That has got to be one of th best comebacks in history.

Should you get a Dragstar...? NO. They are for nancy boys with girls hair. Dts dominate aw ra way.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

Funny that cos im a girl and i have one......and i like nancy boys wih girls hair. Sounds like a lil bit of jealousy there :lol:

That has got to be one of th best comebacks in history.

Thats cos you dont mess with the TT...... ;)

Yeah, and being covered in mud and horse-shit is such a sexy look, eh ladies!!

Sports bikes - Why bother? Being blurry isn't sexy either.

Cruisers go nice and slow so everyone can get a good look at you.

Incidentally, most cruisers are pretty modular. You don't have to remove half the components to service the common parts.

Also - Sporties go fast, but the slightest bit of extra weight and they get all prissy. Fully loaded a Cruiser still has enough torque to rip the wheels off a Sporty :lol:

It all comes down to what you wear;

Leather - I'm a pretty-boy poser for the local gay glossies, with a second job as a children's TV character.

Textiles - I'm an office worker who earns more money than you can dream of.

Normal clothes - I'm a suicidal twat. Please run me over.

Combats - I grew up from being a twat and am now a nutter!!

Mk 14 RAF Flightsuit - I have a choice between Hellfires, Stingers, Sidewinders, Starstreaks, CRV7s or 30mm High Explosive rounds. I can go 220mph, see you from over 2½ miles away in any conditions and hit you from even further away. Bring it on, motherf**ker!!!!!!

Leather waistcoat with Patches - I cannot currently afford an assault helicopter, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to nick one to kick your arse with.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online