FJ1200 monoshock - which model??

baz81
This post is 5719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an FJ1200 - 1992 - and I am trying to locate a monoshock unit for it at the best price, but I have no idea what model the bike is. Can anybody help?? I have the Chassis number (of course) but my local Yam dealer isn't interested in telling me what model it is unless I pay him £690 for a new monoshock. I have sourced them MUCH cheaper, just need to know the model!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The easiest way to tell is the shape of the headlight.

FJ1200 3XW = is more triangular

FJ1200 3CV = Is Square

the best place to source a new shock is from the FJ Owners club, you will have to join first, but its not much and the saving will be greater.

I think the most expensive shock is around £280, I use a Hagon and they are about £240 absoultly brill shock.

Click HERE

I think they do 3 types from budget to the dogs danglers, but they will be set up specificaly for your FJ.

Adam.

The easiest way to tell is the shape of the headlight.

FJ1200 3XW = is more triangular

FJ1200 3CV = Is Square

the best place to source a new shock is from the FJ Owners club, you will have to join first, but its not much and the saving will be greater.

I think the most expensive shock is around £280, I use a Hagon and they are about £240 absoultly brill shock.

Click HERE

I think they do 3 types from budget to the dogs danglers, but they will be set up specificaly for your FJ.

Adam.

Thank you Adam, that is extremely helpful

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online