Horn not working on dt 125

donny o
This post is 5717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1974 dt 125 and have power to the back of the horn--then a pink wire runs up to the button--where I guess you ground it when you push the button.. I a bit dim when it comes to electricity---but no sound from the horn. I have cleaned all the parts of the button and made sure it's making contact.. Anyone know how I would test the horn itself to see if it the problem? Do they go bad? Can you just jumper wire to it to activate it? I have tried a couple things but still silent. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Donny, have you got and can you use a multimeter?

You can indeed jumper the horn to the battery, pull off both wires from the horn first, but bear in mind that your battery must be in tip top condition to operate the horn, I would even go so far as to say that your engine must be running and revving slightly to raise the voltage enough to operate the horn. Mine doesn't work usually until I start the bike, I can hear it try, but doesnt quite do it.

There is also an adjustment screw on the horn, have you moved it? If you can't get it to work it should still be avaliable @Yamaha. I know you can still get the 6 volt horns.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online