rsx 100

rx-s100
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my rxs100 will only run with the choke on, as soon as you switch the choke off it splutters and dies, any one any ideas ??? :unsure:

You may find you can take the choke off when riding at 1/2 throttle or more

Check plenty of fuel in tank

Strip carb and check pilot jet isn't blocked

it runs with the choke off when you rev it hard but as soon as you try to pull away it dies

Thats because not enough fuel is reaching the engine, strip and clean the carb...all of it, buy yourself an aerosol carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air if you can. pay particular attention to the pilot jet

• 2 weeks later...

could be your throttle stop adjustment and the weather.

just under the choke lever, there should be a small knurled knob that can be turned by hand (could be brass coloured as i dont know what colour mine is due to road crud) i am forever adjusting it as the cold weather affects the running of the 2-stroke engine at idle. turn clockwise to increase revs at idle with the choke off. if the engine revs too much at idle when you stop, just turn anti clockwise till they drop as low as you need without stalling the engine. i am constantly adjusting it with the cold weather as i use it daily all weathers and should run fine when it warms up in summer!!!!

hope that helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online