RD125LC YPVS Conversion?

Grifty
This post is 5721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a UK mk3 RD125LC YPVS which obviously has no working power valve.

I have a friend at work who used to have an import RD 125 YPVS and has found a spare power valve servo with all the cables and (excuse my ignorance, I don't know what it's called) the bit that fits to the barrel and works the power valve.

It all looks like it will fit my bike - there's a bracket on the frame to fit the servo, there's a plug on the loom to wire it in and the other bit looks like it fit stright onto the barrel, but he thinks (he can't be sure) that his CDI was blue where mine is black.

I'm tempted to strap it all to my bike and see what happens, but I'm worried it might shat its self.

What are you thoughts?

Many thanks,

Jason

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a UK mk3 RD125LC YPVS which obviously has no working power valve.

I have a friend at work who used to have an import RD 125 YPVS and has found a spare power valve servo with all the cables and (excuse my ignorance, I don't know what it's called) the bit that fits to the barrel and works the power valve.

It all looks like it will fit my bike - there's a bracket on the frame to fit the servo, there's a plug on the loom to wire it in and the other bit looks like it fit stright onto the barrel, but he thinks (he can't be sure) that his CDI was blue where mine is black.

I'm tempted to strap it all to my bike and see what happens, but I'm worried it might shat its self.

What are you thoughts?

Many thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

No problem just fit the kit !!! One thing to do is check that the PV has not carboned up ( it has been sat there without moving for years !). Also check that the 'O' rings on the valve are ok. I fitted quite a few 'upgrades' to RD125LCIII and they worked fine ... even if the CDI was Pink, green etc :D so just go for it !!

Regards Jim