baby drag

metallicafan
This post is 5719 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there everyone, i'm new on this site as i have just bought my first baby drag. I have wanted a dragstar since first seeing one in 2001, i finally got my hands on one and she's a beaut! i have no pics to post at the mo, but shouldn't be long. I have been thinkin of swappin over the pipes and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to which ones would sound and look mean. the louder the better! i haven't set any alarms off going past them yet, that's all i want. i offer the hand of friendship to all who love drags, they are lovely aren't they! peace and happiness, and ride safe.

:rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there everyone, i'm new on this site as i have just bought my first baby drag. I have wanted a dragstar since first seeing one in 2001, i finally got my hands on one and she's a beaut! i have no pics to post at the mo, but shouldn't be long. I have been thinkin of swappin over the pipes and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to which ones would sound and look mean. the louder the better! i haven't set any alarms off going past them yet, that's all i want. i offer the hand of friendship to all who love drags, they are lovely aren't they! peace and happiness, and ride safe.

:rolleyes:

Hello and welcome to the forum, quite a few drag owners here mate, you will get lots of good advice and knowlege, ride safe to you too :D

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been having a little trouble with my baby drag this mornin, i took her out for a spin and she cut out on me 3 times. :( Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the cause! she was cutting out untill i set the choke on max. i've never come across this situation before, could it be a blockage in the fuel pipe or maybe the air intake or something similar. i'd really appreciate any advice given as i am only just learning about the mechanics of bikes! again thanks to all for the warm welcome.

metallicafan.

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been having a little trouble with my baby drag this mornin, i took her out for a spin and she cut out on me 3 times. :( Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the cause! she was cutting out untill i set the choke on max. i've never come across this situation before, could it be a blockage in the fuel pipe or maybe the air intake or something similar. i'd really appreciate any advice given as i am only just learning about the mechanics of bikes! again thanks to all for the warm welcome.

metallicafan.

Have you got a full tank of fuel, or did you just forget to switch to reserve?

Have you got a full tank of fuel, or did you just forget to switch to reserve?

I had a full tank, just filled her up this mornin before takin my ride! I did try the reserve in case it was being finicky, but she still cut out just the same. I've had the petrol cap off to check the air hole wasn't blocked and it wasn't that, all i can think of is maybe a blockage?

we need more info, did it splutter a bit and die or did it give no warning and just cut out, was it raining hard, did it immediately start back up or did you have to wait a while, has it happened again since, have you jusf filled the tank before this...any info might help

metallicafan.

hi mettalicafan, i had a similar problem bike would start up ok run for a few miles and the engine would just die as though you had just switched it off would start straight away but sometimes do it again after half a mile, i read on the virago owners site a guy called tim was giving tips on common problems with dragstars as he had one as well as a few other members he said it was the sidestand switch an after tacking it apart drying it out regreaseing it seemed to cure it well i gave it a try and have had no further problems for two months till this morning, mind you with all this wet weather it might be just a case of drying it out again will let you know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online