What does you parents think?

JohnR6
This post is 7236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Just wondering what your parents think about you riding motorcycles? :D

I know my parents would disagree, but I don't live with them now so that's why I'm sneaking off to get my M/C License and a bike! :lol: I'm originally from Newcastle and that's where my parents live and I'm living in Manchester now! hehe.... :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Well im still living with my parents as ive been saving up for my travels, but my dad doesnt mind at all. However my mum doesnt really like me riding it as within my family we know of three people who have died in non fault motorcycle accidents, and my mums cousin had to have her legs amputated :shock:

It's like my Dad told me once...........

"If I had my way, you wouldn't ride @ all.......but I haven't been a very good example" :lol: .........he's been riding since he was 19! :wink:

i dont get on with my dad and he lives in glastonbury so no worrys there

and my mum well some of you will like this one she did her cbt test and passed yesterday so she was out on her little vespa px 125 which is brand new straight from the showroom and only cost a grand cause it has got the name badge of a company called LML but the logbook says vespa and so sooes the tax and so does the engine come to think of it it is all vespa apart from the badge but i should imagine its an indian built one but hey who cares my 42 year old 19 stone mother rides a vespa her and fred her boyfreind are members of the skinhead scooter club

My mum wasn't all that keen on me to start racing and spending all my money on it. The more I race though the better she is about it now. She still gets a bit worried when I crash and stuff.

She is coming to watch me for the first time in July! That will be a laff! :lol:

my dad's been on bikes since the 60's along with my uncle donald, my my other uncle has been on bikes since the 70's, my sister's hubby is a biker- fz750, she has my wee rs125 now, my cousin rides a duke monster 900 and aprilia mille. wasn't a surprise when i started out on bikes 8) oh and my cool little nephew has just got a mallaguti 50 8) bike's have been in the family for years, my grandad rode them in the war, and my grans brothers rode too, i have some pics of their old bikes in the late 30's early 40's somewhere. my family would rather i rode bikes than had cars :shock:

i was never allowed to have a bike while i was living with my parents...but within 6 months of moving out i had my 1st tool 8) . they know i'm fanatical about racing so they just let me get on with it.

I started riding in the 1980, although my mum didn't want me getting a bike, but Iv'e been into them since I was about 5.

And I still remember watching Bazza sheene and Roberts in the british gp in 78' (or was 79' :-k ), I was 15 then.

So I guess her and my dad knew it was coming when I old enough, my dad's not here now he passed away about 15 yrs ago, but I think my mum just kinda tolarates it now.

I think kinda knows now that I probably wont give them up now, and I'm 40.

But like I said in a previous thread, I do know how hard roads n cars are, so I should know better than to go out in my jeans.

But yea, you just can't beat the feeling of being out on the bike, well I dont think so.