xvs650 (2000) exhausts??

Abstar
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

Need some advice - I want to change the exhausts on my dragstar 650 (W Reg) to get a better sound. I have kitted the bike out with touring gear - screen, panniers, luggage etc etc but the sound just doesnt do it justice!

I like the look of the long 'shot gun' type exhausts and they sound nice too. I think my choices come down to either:

1) Highway Hawk double walls

2) Vance & Hines Short shots (as they don't do long shots for my bike!)

3) Cobra pipes (??)

4) Roadhouse 65 special, slip on.

I have been recommended the V&H or the Roadhouse over the others, but i would love to hear from anyone who has done something similar to their bike to get more advice.

In your replies, could you tell me if you re-jetted? Im told this should be done.

Can anyone help???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got Caligula Waves on mine.

Bought from Italy

Never rejetted and never had a problem

Louder than V&H, Highway Hawk or any other make ive come across.

Take a look at my profile - theres pictures on there. :D

Hi Goff (a fellow girly biker peson!)- Thanks for the reply

Cracking bike! I wanna get a paint job on mine but first...exhausts!!!!! I like the look of yours, where would I get these from (UK supplier?) and how much would I pay, you reckon???

Cheers

Hi Goff (a fellow girly biker peson!)- Thanks for the reply

Cracking bike! I wanna get a paint job on mine but first...exhausts!!!!! I like the look of yours, where would I get these from (UK supplier?) and how much would I pay, you reckon???

Cheers

Nice to have another girly on board ;)

I got them from a chap in Italy who makes them. Cost me 200 Euros plus around 50 euros postage. Ill see if i can find the details for you :D

just fitted a pair of highway hawk turn downs on my xvs 650 sounds the dogs now you should have a look on you tube lots of differnt pipes on there just a thought

Some say you should re-jet, some not.

I have standard pipes, SWMBO has Highway Hawk Straight-throughs, I think.

Mine does ride better than the other half's, but I'm not so sure if that's down to the rider or the bike.

Whenever I've given hers a blatt, I just enjoy the Spitfire Engine sound they make.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online