fuel probs

steve 46
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my bro has a triumph daytona 900i and has a fuel leak from the plastic tank fixing and wonders if ptfe tape would work on thread. (plumbers tape ) if no one knows what it is. i dont know much about his problem but i no its not a yam (real bike) but its gettin him down. am me cuz hes in south east and in in noth east and he wants to have a taste of my roads up here. i realy want to help him and want your help guys and girls

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my bro has a triumph daytona 900i and has a fuel leak from the plastic tank fixing and wonders if ptfe tape would work on thread. (plumbers tape ) if no one knows what it is. i dont know much about his problem but i no its not a yam (real bike) but its gettin him down. am me cuz hes in south east and in in noth east and he wants to have a taste of my roads up here. i realy want to help him and want your help guys and girls

Yes PTFE tape should be ok with petrol, be sure to wind it on in a clocwise direction when holding the thread with the left hand. Why not buy a new item and regard this as a temporary fix.

as far as i know its fitted from the inside of the tank and is woried about holding onto thread and wants to seal first time. im tring to speak to him but not available at present to get more info. bloody british bikes

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online