engine keeps cutting out

hunterz
This post is 5721 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I have a yamaha BWs 50 it was running fine a few days ago but now it bogs down or cuts out when you pull away but if the choke is half on it runs ok.

I have checked the plug,reeds,manifold for leaks and adjusted the mixture.

can anyone give me some help thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That's the new Scoot stroker isn't it?

You may have a dodgy HT lead. For a few £s or $s, it would be well worth picking up a new one - handy as a spare if nothing else.

Hello I have a yamaha BWs 50 it was running fine a few days ago but now it bogs down or cuts out when you pull away but if the choke is half on it runs ok.

I have checked the plug,reeds,manifold for leaks and adjusted the mixture.

can anyone give me some help thanks

Sounds like either water in the carb or a blocked pilot jet, either way its a carb strip and clean.

Sounds like either water in the carb or a blocked pilot jet, either way its a carb strip and clean.

hi thanks I will clean the carb.

I forgot to say if you go along at just over half throttle the put full throttle on the engine dies for a few secs then picks up

Ah!

Sounds like a fuelling issue if it's bogging down when you rip open the throttle. Too much fuel and too little air.

You could try a K&N (OE style) air filter to increase air flow.

the mixture screw on the carb adjusts the air mix if I screw it in will that make it run richer or leaner

If it is an air mixture screw, ie on the filter side of the throttle slide, then screwing it in will make it richer

However, if it is a fuel mixture screw, ie on the engine side of the throttle slide, then screwing it in will make it leaner

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online