Power Commander V

HalHark
This post is 5501 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just hit a decent mileage to give my bike a performance upgrade or two or three :lol: .... Was going to get a PC3 usb but think i might wait now until the PCV is available, but are they going to fit a 2008 Model R6?

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just hit a decent mileage to give my bike a performance upgrade or two or three :lol: .... Was going to get a PC3 usb but think i might wait now until the PCV is available, but are they going to fit a 2008 Model R6?

Thanks! :)

We'll find out. I couldn't find anyone else who tried this, so I went ahead and ordered a PCV for my 08. I'll make a note to post how well the install goes.

• 2 weeks later...

It works...I installed it today. Only took about 40 minutes to put it in along with a new air filter. Even the color coding for the wires (you have to tap into a blue wire) is correct. Just follow the instructions.

The only difference I know of between the 08's and 09's are the stock ECU map. Since the PCV adjusts + or - fuel based on the stock map, the 09 maps wouldn't really be optimized for the 08's. And you can't load the PCIII maps onto the PCV, so your best bet is to get the AutoTuner or customize the 09 map. Of course the 09 maps from the Power Commander website still work fine on the 08, just not as good as they could be.

I have a full exhaust coming in next week, so I'll reprogram it once I get the new exhaust installed and I'll probably get an AutoTuner to go with it. Make sure to install smog block-off plates if you use an AutoTuner so it can read an accurate air/fuel ratio.

• 2 months later...

It works...I installed it today. Only took about 40 minutes to put it in along with a new air filter. Even the color coding for the wires (you have to tap into a blue wire) is correct. Just follow the instructions.

The only difference I know of between the 08's and 09's are the stock ECU map. Since the PCV adjusts + or - fuel based on the stock map, the 09 maps wouldn't really be optimized for the 08's. And you can't load the PCIII maps onto the PCV, so your best bet is to get the AutoTuner or customize the 09 map. Of course the 09 maps from the Power Commander website still work fine on the 08, just not as good as they could be.

I have a full exhaust coming in next week, so I'll reprogram it once I get the new exhaust installed and I'll probably get an AutoTuner to go with it. Make sure to install smog block-off plates if you use an AutoTuner so it can read an accurate air/fuel ratio.

Did you get this PCV to work on your 08 R6 and the auto-tuner? - if so I have a question.

The pic on the installation instructions show the connection to a blue wire - said to be from the number 5 pin in the connector. yet the photo seems to be on a blue wire from a different pin higher up on the connector? If you did get this to work did you attach the wire tap to the blue wire from the number 5 pin at the bottom of the small ECU connector?

Just about to order one for my 08 R6 and would like to clear this up.

Thanks for your repsonse.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online