Yama 600 Diversion, general opinions

ljanders
This post is 7330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bought a Diversion 600 recently. A quite nice bike, suitable for my needs. But the idling is a little bit unsmoot, the cluths behaviors aggressivly, and there is some rattle from the engine. The bike is from -91, so I suppose there is some natural signs of age. But generally, what goes wrong with these bikes? Are there some wellknown "weak spots" of this bike?

LJA/Finland

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A Carb cleaning & synch would help :wink: ........that rattling could be from the cam-chain & tensioners.....hopefully just in need of an adjustment :wink:

Don't know of any serious problems wi the 600, If they are owt like the 900s then you you will find that you've got yersel a good reliable ride :wink:

Yep......

With Any luck @ all this year, I'll hopefully be able to replace my 21 yr. old Tired "Old Nail" Maxim, with a Seca2 (Yank equivilant to the 600 Divvy) :wink:

Just Gotta have a 6-speed gearbox again for daily commuting duties 8)

I have a Divvy600 and it's ok'ish. Not a sports bike by any stretch of the imagination but very comfortable. Things to watch are:

Don't thrash it unless you want to replace shims every weekend. Look after the rear shock and stick heavier oil in the forks. The clutch rattle is normal and the release bearing wears quickly. Rumble at tickover is Carb balancing (as per Scotts answer)

Vibration at 4,000 in top is a pain, you can help this by fitting a 400Divvy 46T rear sprocket to move the vibration.

Catch the bus or train if you need to take a passenger, otherwise look after it and expect 50,000 miles with ease before any major surgery.

KEEF.