YZF750R RUNNIN LIKE A PIG

steve 46
This post is 5601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I ONLY AT THE MOMENT RIDE ONCE A WEEK, BUT YESTERDAY WHILE RIDING I ALL OF A SUDDEN NOTICED LACK OF POWER AND IT WAS LIKE IT WAS TRYING TO BACKFIRE, I THEN NOTICED THE FUEL LIGHT COME ON SO SWITCHED TO RESERVE ITS STILL RUNNING AND HEAR LIKE A BACKFIRE IN THE AIRBOX.. IM FINKING ITS DRAWN CRAP UP INTO CARBS? HELLLLLLP

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

allo steve,i had a 750r for 4 years and they do take some looking after .but the rewards are well worth it.check that your exup cable hasn't snapped or seized,or that the exup valve isn't seized.it sounds like the valve is not opening. hope this helps.

allo steve,i had a 750r for 4 years and they do take some looking after .but the rewards are well worth it.check that your exup cable hasn't snapped or seized,or that the exup valve isn't seized.it sounds like the valve is not opening. hope this helps.

thanks mate i will check that today an let you what happens

sounds like crap in the carbs bro my thou exup's done it a few times when the fuel level got low or the other thing i've had is moisture in the fuel / carbs if the bikes been kept outside / left standing in the damp for a period ov time...add a wee bit ov redex to the tank and take it for a run that should help.

golfdub

sounds like crap in the carbs bro my thou exup's done it a few times when the fuel level got low or the other thing i've had is moisture in the fuel / carbs if the bikes been kept outside / left standing in the damp for a period ov time...add a wee bit ov redex to the tank and take it for a run that should help.

golfdub

hi mate checked exup and all working fine..i have since filled with fuel and its a bit better. fink i will try some redex and a blast like someone else has said to try.. fanx to all

golfdub

Yeh i will try that, im pretty sure thats what it is..fanx for your help

r u a golfer? i got a lovely set of mizuno and callaway woods etc for sale?

are you running an in-line fuel filter?, that may help prevent it sucking shite from the bottom of your tank in future, get some fuel treatment and give it a good blast to clear it out a bit, if it still doesnt get better you may need to strip down the carb and clean out any obstructions, blocked jets e.t.c

have you tried it on fresh fuel?, contaminated fuel can give a bike some dodgey symptoms

ye put in some fresh fuel and its better after about 15 mins but still there going to redex it 2moro and take for a blast i think it will clear but will let all know. i am missin the grunt opening her up i try 2moro i keep fingers crossed for all our sakes thanks guys. sorry and girls

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online