any members with twinshock dt400

wook
This post is 5606 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are a few other threads on here regarding the twinshock 400's, i have one and so does blackhat.

Anything in particular you want to know?

Chris.

Hi, I've just dragged an old dt400 out of a barn. I want to restore it,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAH we"ll give u all the links ,, for parts ,,,mostly USA. ebay...... scarce bikes and parts now....[ 2nd guy in a week]to pick the scarcest DT, for restoation... :D

Could u post some pics ,,, :rolleyes: lot a interest here ,,,,

Hi, thanks guys, Yes, I'll try and take some pics. There seems to be a pipe on the air filter but too short. Think I need a manual or parts book, Wook

there are several parts books on ebay at the moment. Make sure you get the right one. It has DT250/400 type 512/513 on the cover.

Theres also a few manuals, u need the red & white one with DT400 B on the front. Then get the supplementary manual (white) with 400 C on the front.

All on ebay at the moment.

Chris.

Is mine a 400b? It's Preg, as I said black with white stripe. Don't know a lot about these, could you tell by fame number?

Frame number should start 513.

Could be an early 1976 bike.

Generally, if its got a black tank with a white stripe, its'76 bike

im sure blackhat will correct me if i'm wrong!

Looks like 518-100.

What do you think? 400c

I think your'e misreading the 8, its 3 i'd guess.

Ring Dave at redrose and he'll put you straight,ut i think i'm correct.

Redrose is 01706 839278

google them and you'll find their website.

Chris.

Pics come via photobucket i think.

Looks like 518-100.

What do you think? 400c

Think u"ll FIND ITS A 400 C . because uk .only had them imported 1 year. 1976/77 . R reg is the last of DT400 TWINSHOCK , Replaced with the 400MX. S reg i have never seen a S reg twinshock , but i stand to be corrected :unsure:Yamaha_DT400_sales_3.jpg

Ha ha mine is "S" reg, but i guess its cos it was sitting round for a while in a showroom before being registered.....

Just checked the V5, it was registered in december '77...thats late......must have been sitting round for a long time!!

Brill, I'll give them a call. Engine feels ok. It's got 13k on the clock, possible original. Think, I'll piece it together for know to see what I'm missing. Usual thing rolling chassis, tea chest of stuff. I'll try and sort those pice. Engine and frame numbers match. Surprising what's still around.

Engine and frame numbers match. Surprising what's still around.---------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky bugger .. did u pay for it ? or was it inherited ?? hers some parts ..for chrisp .

FENDER018.jpgFENDER017.jpg .. MINT CONDITION ... rare as the provebial hens dentures :D yeh and the hoover isna workin

Nah, paid for it. Just looking at Ebay, prices seem high. I'd be quite happy if I could just pic up some scruffy parts. Anyone got any? Really don't mind if they're a bit pitted or rusty? Wook

I could just pic up some scruffy parts. Anyone got any? Really don't mind if they're a bit pitted or rusty? -------------------

Yeh .. once youve made up a list ,, then folk can see wot theve got ,,, Like that rear fender [ pics on last post] chrisp just mentioned he was lookn for 1 . and i had that one .....and their like gold dust [ good ones..] we"ll see wen ur ready ;)

• 2 weeks later...