yamaha sr125

ian1981
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there,please .please can somebody help me.im the proud but frustrated owner of a yamaha sr125.today i turned her over and straight away she sounded abit bunged up.i gave her a few revs to try to warm her up and when the time came to leave for work i realised something was wrong,shes all spluttery and when im travelling she vibrates,shakes and generally sounds like shes going to explode.it feels like shes dying to back fire and i cant seem to get her over 30mph without being fearful for my life lol.please can anyone help??id very much appreciate it.thanks alot :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi there,please .please can somebody help me.im the proud but frustrated owner of a yamaha sr125.today i turned her over and straight away she sounded abit bunged up.i gave her a few revs to try to warm her up and when the time came to leave for work i realised something was wrong,shes all spluttery and when im travelling she vibrates,shakes and generally sounds like shes going to explode.it feels like shes dying to back fire and i cant seem to get her over 30mph without being fearful for my life lol.please can anyone help??id very much appreciate it.thanks alot :D

Could be a hundred things, I might be tempted to check and drain a little petrol from the carb, incase there is any water in the tank/carb. My bike when water had built up in the tank/carb, farted and spluttered and I could hardly rev the thing. Mine also happened after I had gone onto reserve tank, and picked up the rubbish from what lies beneath.

It might be worth collecting the drained fuel, to see if water is present, water in carb may mean water in tank. Also clean or replace spark plug, after you've finished with the fuel.

hope this hopes or at least is a starting point. ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online