xt600 query

pyroforlife
This post is 5650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I recently bought an xt 600, and found that the lhs engine casing is either from the wrong model or is missing a part of a cover.

The hole is shown here, in between the two wires, left of the barrel. it's the side you can see from the picture, and it was open, but had a plastic bung there. I presume there is meant to be some sort of seal there?

XT-Engine.jpg

Cheers

Pyro

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you could try a motorcycle breaker for a starter motor or eBay.

if you are handy in a workshop you could make up a little plastic bung using a lathe and cut a thread in it with a dye, thus making a little removeable plastic bung

Ok, I've just realised the starter motor is what's missing there. DOH

Does anyone have any ideas how I could 'plug' this hole more efficiently, or where I might find a starter motor.

Cheers

Pyro

I've been looking at this picture for ages, wondering where the hole was... did, think you ment the starter motor mount!

anyway, the XT600 motor is the same as the TTR600E, there was a bloke on ebay a couple of months ago selling the bits off his.

I have a workshop manual for the TTR on PDF, I'll not be back till Monday (and I'll forget!), but if you send me a PM I'll put it on the www and send you the link. if you want to fit an electric start at least you'll have a wiring diagram !!

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online