model ID

compmoto
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I bought a '04 R6? over a month ago, and it didn't have the CDI.To get it running, I need to ID what I have, to see if another bike that has been offered to me will be a good parts donor.I have both VINs, but don't know which digits denote the specific model ID I'm looking for ...to clarify, the bike I bought is missing everything.It's a roller with the motor,intake,airbox,and electrical harness(minus CDI). The other bike is a '03 R6 (says so on the bodywork) but has been hit in the front. For the record, mine has clear title, the '03 bike is "Bill of sale" for parts only.I'd like to use it to get mine running , before I decide what next step to take with it...my Yammy dealer is closed today, they must have enough money ...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take the frame number from the headstock and let us know what it is.

mine:JYARJ06E94 manufacture date:09/03 his:JYARJ06E83 manufacture date:02/03 I realize the 10th digit is the model year... my thinking is they are the same, except for the year...thanx for the input,Madison, or anyone else...

They are both J06Es so, apart from the actual immobiliser coding, they will be identical bikes.

• 3 weeks later...

Brother Madison, that is great info! Thanx a million! I'm picking the '03 model bike up tomorow AM.If anyone needs any parts from this '03 R6 , do let me know. I need a few electrical items, to get my '04 bike running so I can then list it on Ebay, as a clear title builder/or racebike. The 03 bike is going to have to broken down for parts, as the insurance company required it to be branded as "un-rebuildable", so the title is dead. The '03 bike will be in "exploded view" by Monday 2/1...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online