Dead Battery

cruiser1964
This post is 5732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own a yamaha 2006 Nytro snowmobile and have a quick question about a dead battery.

I would like to know if if it's ok to use a regular 12 volt battery charger to charge the battery (the kind that you would use on a car)? I've read about "trickle chargers" but don't want to spend the money if I don't have to since I have a regular charger already.

My battery is about 95% dead. It turns over the machine for 30 seconds and then dies. Funny thing is if I let it sit for 10 minutes, it still has power to turn it over again!

Also, how long should I run/drive the machine so there will be enough to charge the battery that it won't leave me stranded, should I shut it down?

thanks,

Cruiser

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you have an automatic charger (one tha selects the charge rate by itself) you should be fine as long as the battery is not connected to the snow mobile.

If your charger is manual, put it on the lowest charge rate setting and leave it over night.

If you have an automatic charger (one tha selects the charge rate by itself) you should be fine as long as the battery is not connected to the snow mobile.

If your charger is manual, put it on the lowest charge rate setting and leave it over night.

Can I start the charge the battery when it's inside the snowmobile?

I would disconnect the battery completely as a surge may blow your main fuse.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online