A Newbey needing help..

SMOKEY OLD GIT
This post is 5658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to anyone checking this question out.

I am a confirmed coffin dodger still mucking about with 2 strokes. (cant be bothered with valves and chains etc)

but I have always had #uzu#is up to now,apart from when I was a youngster.

Anyway my son has a rd 125 lc which I put him onto so now he has the 2 stroke illness,and a few days ago he kindly filled my empty shed with a yamaha which he came across on a rundown farm building.

The engine size is stated as 195cc and it has a drum front brake,its a big old beast for the engine size and its a new one on me.Have no v5 yet just a key engine no say's #3L2-000472# Cant read frame no at minute.It also has a single carb although its a 2 stroke twin,its in pretty poor nick so need to find out if its worth the winter resto or not?

It also has what look like usd forks,I am wondering if its an import as its on a x reg 1981/82 .

I would be extremely gratefull if anyone can point me in the right direction with this bike,and would anyone know where to check the registration Number for info.. i.e internet site..

Many thanks and a smokey new year to all oil burners.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello to anyone checking this question out.

I am a confirmed coffin dodger still mucking about with 2 strokes. (cant be bothered with valves and chains etc)

but I have always had #uzu#is up to now,apart from when I was a youngster.

Anyway my son has a rd 125 lc which I put him onto so now he has the 2 stroke illness,and a few days ago he kindly filled my empty shed with a yamaha which he came across on a rundown farm building.

The engine size is stated as 195cc and it has a drum front brake,its a big old beast for the engine size and its a new one on me.Have no v5 yet just a key engine no say's #3L2-000472# Cant read frame no at minute.It also has a single carb although its a 2 stroke twin,its in pretty poor nick so need to find out if its worth the winter resto or not?

It also has what look like usd forks,I am wondering if its an import as its on a x reg 1981/82 .

I would be extremely gratefull if anyone can point me in the right direction with this bike,and would anyone know where to check the registration Number for info.. i.e internet site..

Many thanks and a smokey new year to all oil burners.

The 3L2 prefix is a Yamaha RS200 and an X reg would be about right if this is in UK. They were basically a commuter bike with the engine based on the RD200 but with a single carb as you say and drum brakes front and rear where the RD200 had a disc front and drum rear. They were an official UK bike and not an import.Hope this helps . Tony.

:D:D

The 3L2 prefix is a Yamaha RS200 and an X reg would be about right if this is in UK. They were basically a commuter bike with the engine based on the RD200 but with a single carb as you say and drum brakes front and rear where the RD200 had a disc front and drum rear. They were an official UK bike and not an import.Hope this helps . Tony.

OK,Thanks for that tony..

Learnt something new (again) what an ugly beast though, it looks ancient even against my 1974 gt185.

May turn it into a doner as an rd frame is going local to me,to much bad chrome on this one to pour money on it me thinks..once again thanks very much for useful info..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online