Well Hello

KLB007
This post is 5653 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

Just joined up and thought I would introduce myself.

I am new to bikes and at 50 suppose should have done it earlier but heck better late than never. Live in Hereford and the proud owner of a 650 Dragstar custom.

As mentioned very new only passed test three months ago and havent rode it much mainly due to weather but do get out when I can to build up confidence.

Kev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum Kev - and good choice of bike!

A few of us on here ride Dragstars so you will find lots of help and advice.

Post us some piccies when you get chance too so we can have a look at her ;)

welcome to the forum and to biking Kev, glad you saw the light, not many make the switch so late but thats their loss, be careful while you gain experience and if you can try to get out with others, you will get experience and have fun too, bikers are a great bunch as i'm sure youre learning ;)

welcome to the forum and to biking Kev, glad you saw the light, not many make the switch so late but thats their loss, be careful while you gain experience and if you can try to get out with others, you will get experience and have fun too, bikers are a great bunch as i'm sure youre learning ;)

Thanks.

I was thinking of doing some further training such as the advanced thingy. I have noticed every time I'm on the bike all the bikers I pass nod. The biggest thing that worries me is the way the front wheel tends to go along any ruts in the road and some road markings, but I'm sure I'll over come this.

That advanced riding would benefit you yes, the more you do the better, watch out for metal manhole covers on bends, watch out for banding where repairs have been done and watch out for blind car drivers, i reckon our Goff would love to talk about riding safety stuff because she's well clued up on these things

Welcome Kev, ya lot`s of stuff to look out for on a bike, That you

might ignore in a car so "keep em peeled" And don`t assume cars

can see you, Thats just what they want you to think,

Good luck, Mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online