650 Dragstar windshield/spots conflict

KLB007
This post is 5653 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

Have a 650 dragstar and bought a h/hawk universal screen but this doesnt sit correctly as the spots stop the screen from going down low enough. Has any one had this problem?

I have a couple of ideas such as trying to turn the spots bar upside down or failing that make a bracket for the lights to push them forward.

Any thoughts gratefully recieved

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you buy the right one for your model?

There is a difference between the Dragstar Classic and the Dragstar Custom and the windscreens for each will not fit the other.

Oh - and welcome ot the forum - a post in the Bar introducing yourself would be nice :D

Did you buy the right one for your model?

There is a difference between the Dragstar Classic and the Dragstar Custom and the windscreens for each will not fit the other.

Oh - and welcome ot the forum - a post in the Bar introducing yourself would be nice :D

Goff, Many thanks, I beleive I ordered the custom one "usa style" I will pop in the bar and introduce myself

Whats the difference between the custom and the classic, are they both uk models?

Yea both uk, I understand that there is little difference, one has metal fenders and little difference in size and weight

Actually there is a lot of difference.

The classics have a lot of difference in weight - around 20-50kgs as Ttaskmaster pointed out in THIS THREAD in which you will find just what the differences between the 2 are - they are not really alike at all - hence why many parts for one will not fit the other.

She's right!!

The biggest problem is usually the lights. Front and rear mountings for the light assemblies are tremendously different between the Custom and Classic.

The Custom needs the indicators shifting if ever you want to wear decent sized saddlebags.

The front assembly is also different. The Classic has them on a bar, the Custom has them clamped directly to each fork.

Mudguards, body colour scheme, fork sleeves, even the headlight assemblies themselves are different.

Post some pics, so we can see what we're dealing with.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online