just had my r6 derestricted...

Lewy-P
This post is 5654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

one of my friends hve just de-restricted my r6 for me but it stil feels slow as fuck! the same as before. all he gave me was 4 metal washers. is there anything else restricting the bike? its definately stil restricted as i ride with two other r6ers please any info would be great

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What do you mean is slow as fuck?

A restricting kit only consists of washer type rings and up to 100mph there is no difference really.

A mate of mine owns a garage and restricts these all the time - its only when you reach appx 100mph do the restrictors kick in.

Most of the power is high up in the revs so unless you're riding it high up you aint really gonna feel much difference.

What black things?? Im not sure what you mean here might possibly be the sliders you're looking at?

Best thing to do is take the bike out and crack it wide open - that way you'll know for sure if its been derestricted properly - not that im suggesting you break the law or anything, but you really need to get it over a ton........

i opened her up n got to a massive 110mph lol i have some black things sitting on top of the sliding things that open when you pull the throttle back?

Can you ask your mate where he took the washers from - i have a funny feeling he MAY have removed the wrong ones.......

And any chance you can post a piccie of what you are looking at so i can see what you mean - your bike is still restricted from what you have said.

Can you ask your mate where he took the washers from - i have a funny feeling he MAY have removed the wrong ones.......

And any chance you can post a piccie of what you are looking at so i can see what you mean - your bike is still restricted from what you have said.

the washers were taken from the botom of them carbs they sit between the carbs and the head if that makes sense? i jus put the airbox back on but it u take the airbox lid of you can see the black things they sit on top of the sliding things

Cant you post any pics? If i can see it i can see exactly what you're talking about and you dont go ahead and remove something you shouldnt be doing.

I think he means the washers that go in the inlet betwen the head and carbs to reduce the inlet tract size, if you take these out you may have to rejet the carbs and may be lift the needle as well ?? you need to do a plug chop,make sure the engine ain`t running weak or you could end up with burnt out valves......

I seem to have read somewhere about the spacers in the top of the slides to restrict full throtle.

If you cant post any piccies of it then i would suggest you take it to a proper garage and get them to have a look at it just to be on the safe side

Take the thingumy out of the wotsit and turn the hoojimaflip so it touches the doodad.

:lol:

Post piccies, man. How many more times does she have to ask!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online