**Make Yamaha TZR 50 Run Richer**

Sam Swann
This post is 5737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Take a look at your main jet, note the number of it and also the general size and shape of it, then have a word with Steve at motocarb, tell him what youve got now and why you want a bigger jet, see what he suggests, if its a new exhaust it will be 1 maybe 2 sizes bigger i expect

Take a look at your main jet, note the number of it and also the general size and shape of it, then have a word with Steve at motocarb, tell him what youve got now and why you want a bigger jet, see what he suggests, if its a new exhaust it will be 1 maybe 2 sizes bigger i expect

i might be wrong, but something do to with needle height or something?

Can ye not just twiddle the air/fuel mixture screw, then?

That will make it richer but only in the mid range, you should get the main jet right before you look at needle height

anyone got a step by step guide on how to do it,

sorry im new to this type of thing

anyone got a step by step guide on how to do it,

sorry im new to this type of thing

Sorry to poke my nose in, but if you're new to this sort of thing how do you know you need to run richer?

Are you using enough 2-stroke, running too hot, is the air filter/exhaust system non-standard etc - ?

(Do you want to give some background on the issue, to confirm that running richer is desired, or that a different issue should be addressed?)

Paul

hi,

im having a problem getting my yamaha tzr 50 running

it sits and idles for around 1 and a half minutes then will suddenly loose power also if i exceede over 3000-4000 revs it will also loose power

i have checked all the fuel pipes and the carb,air filter been cleaned,

soon i will drain the tank and try completely new fuel,

does anyone have anyother queries to wat might be wrong and how to fix this problem??

cheers, Tom

Sorry to poke my nose in, but if you're new to this sort of thing how do you know you need to run richer?

Are you using enough 2-stroke, running too hot, is the air filter/exhaust system non-standard etc - ?

(Do you want to give some background on the issue, to confirm that running richer is desired, or that a different issue should be addressed?)

Paul

Well my problem is that it runs fine at about 4000-6000 rpm but when i open the throttle its only a 2-stroke got to let them scream it runs fine at 8000-9000 rpm but when it slowes down it splutters and sometime it splutters ever so often feeling like it needs a bit more power some more fuel, and i just wanted a step by step guide to adjust it so it gets some more fuel pumping through

i have a racing exhuast - derestricted

and far as i know stock air filter (not sure though, not had bike long didn't ask previous owner)

hi,

im having a problem getting my yamaha tzr 50 running

it sits and idles for around 1 and a half minutes then will suddenly loose power also if i exceede over 3000-4000 revs it will also loose power

i have checked all the fuel pipes and the carb,air filter been cleaned,

soon i will drain the tank and try completely new fuel,

does anyone have anyother queries to wat might be wrong and how to fix this problem??

cheers, Tom

Tank breather?, try the idle thing with the filler cap open.

Fuel filter, is it blocked?

Well my problem is that it runs fine at about 4000-6000 rpm but when i open the throttle its only a 2-stroke got to let them scream it runs fine at 8000-9000 rpm but when it slowes down it splutters and sometime it splutters ever so often feeling like it needs a bit more power some more fuel, and i just wanted a step by step guide to adjust it so it gets some more fuel pumping through

i have a racing exhuast - derestricted

and far as i know stock air filter (not sure though, not had bike long didn't ask previous owner)

Why dont you take the bike in to get it sorted if you cant do it yourself or do you really want to have a do at this? have you got the know how to remove the carb and float bowl to see what size main jet youve got?

Sam Swann - and Semo18 - from your descriptions I'd guess it was a fuel supply problem (same as oldgitonabike) which could be a number of things, most of them preventing the fuel bowl from filling fast enough (blocked fuel filter, blocked tank breather hose, problem with the vacuum tap pipe (assuming it's a vacuum fuel tap)) or a problem with the jet itself i.e. carb icing - water freezing in the jet blocking the jet with the curent low temperatures - less likely on air-cooled machines than on water-cooled bikes - or a problem with the float height (unlikely if you've some power at 3000-4000rpm) or an issue with the needle lifting etc - fiddling with the air/fuel mixture shouldn't be undertaken lightly, especially if the bike was previously running fine...

It could even be the plug oiling up at the higher revs - but for goodness sake on a two-stroke don't start playing with the oil pump settings if you don't know what you're doing.

Or another cause.

If you EVER suddenly get a great surge of power on the bike, and it runs great (better than ever) for about 3 or 4 hundred yards then it's about to melt the piston as the oil has stopped flowing into the cylinder and there's no lubrication on the bike.

If the bike was previously running okay, don't start changing things just yet. A good carb clean (even a plug clean) could be in order as well as a general check over - if ypu're not confident on doing it get someone you trust to help - even fitting a spark plug takes a little skill to avoid overtightening and wrecking the thread in the alloy head.

Paul

Hi,

could anyone give me a step by step guide on how to make my TZR50 run richer please

thanks

Sam

Have a look at the dramas -WILD FOAMY- just had with his first jetting experience. Can work out expensive trying to teach yourself how to do jetting. Find youself a good 2 stoke wizard and get them to do it. If i could explain how to do it precisely i would. When you know how to do it it is not so hard, but explaining how and all the little tell tale signs and symptoms involved is quite difficult. You won't screw much up by running it too rich.That is why encourage people to start out a little big and work back! You need to witness some mechanical dramas before you can give advise on repairs. Yours sounds like one of those problems.GOOD LUCK!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online