Carb jets - where/how to find?

wild foamy
This post is 5730 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i did take the nescessary precautions when installing the kit, and got it well lubed up for the first run.

the old 50cc pot is back on and running the original jet

how do i force the pump stroke to its maximum?

The easy way is to pull the cable up fron the engine case it will stop when the pulley is fully open, or you can pull off the pump cover and push the pulley round with you finger, either way allow the engine to tick over and hold the pulley at max position briefly, dont over do it though its just to make sure the oil is there from the off

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh and i always tank-mix the first tank full after a re-build ... just in case theres a air lock in pump..

[i KNO IT Shudn"t if bled properly] but its for pease of mind ,,,, and nowt worse than all that work wasted wi a

Seizure ;)

new rings arrived today and now the peashooter is back on the road. lesson learnt.

i put some extra oil in with the fuel to help the new rings seat in, think i may have over-done it as its now a bit smokey and bogs down a bit

new rings arrived today and now the peashooter is back on the road. lesson learnt.

i put some extra oil in with the fuel to help the new rings seat in, think i may have over-done it as its now a bit smokey and bogs down a bit

Glad to hear you are up and running again! I used to premix all my autolube Yammies without any dramas! SEE YA!

25:1 0r 40 mls per litre!

bike is now back on the road

yay :)

You said that 3 days ago?

Confused :blink:

oh soz,

basically i broke a bit of the old piston ring and it dropped down into the engine case, i retrieved what i thought was the whole piece that fell into the engine but when i started it up with the new rings in i could hear something jingling in there.

so today i took it to my dads and we stripped it down but didnt find anything in the case,

so, its on the road now for sure

didnt split the cases as that meant splitting the gearbox aswell and we didnt have enough time.

i got a feeling the majority of the old ring is on my garage floor, but we washed the engine out with terps and gave it a blast with a 150psi airline whilst we had the engine out and hung upside down on a hoist, nothing came out.

may have been my exhaust expansion chamber rattling as i forgot to put the bolt back in that holds it onto the frame. which would explain why it didnt rattle at idle because there werent enough vibrations to make it rattle against the exhaust mount

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online