Best tyres for my R6.

HalHark
This post is 5735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I noticed a big hole right down to the armouring in my back tyre a few weeks ago so thought it would be a good time to set her in for the winter months and start the modding process! I'm now looking for a new set of tyres! Opinions please? :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I ride ContiAttacks on mine, and they do awesome. Never had so much as a wiggle where traction is concerned. Last tires were a set of Dunlops and I frequently had traction issues... right up until I burned them off doing a burnout and replaced them with the Conti's :lol: I tried burning my Conti's and the traction's so good it was hard to get them turning!

btw, hi, new to the boards, I'm Swirlie!

+1 for the Attacks.

However, to get the right balance of stick, I use Sport Attack on the front and Road Attack on the rear. This also helps keep wear patterns more even.

Other than that, Michelin Pilot Sports or Pirelli Dragon Corsas are a good bet.

I noticed a big hole right down to the armouring in my back tyre a few weeks ago so thought it would be a good time to set her in for the winter months and start the modding process! I'm now looking for a new set of tyres! Opinions please? :lol:
Michelin pilot power 2ct for the front and Conti sport attack compound C fot the rear. 2cts are also a very good rear tyre but they don,t do anything better than the Conti's and are more expensive! In my opinion the road attacks are not grippy enough for the back of sports bikes. Sure you will get 1000 mile more wear out of them but it is false economy because the risk of throwing it down the road is higher. I found the Bridgestones quite good grip wise but they go out of shape as they wear. I have no doubt the Pirelli's would also be good but are very expensive. You won't be dissapointed with the first combination! ALL THE BEST FOR 2009!

Mixing tyres of different brands is a really bad idea :o

As for the Road Attack not having enough grip, absolute tosh. Unless you attack every bend like you are James Toseland, you won't ever out reach the grip of these tyres.

Mixing tyres of different brands is a really bad idea :o

As for the Road Attack not having enough grip, absolute tosh. Unless you attack every bend like you are James Toseland, you won't ever out reach the grip of these tyres.

Sorry mate, we will have to agree to disagree on both issues.ALL THE BEST FOR 2009!

Maybe the weather differences have something to do with it then :P

Maybe the weather differences have something to do with it then :P

hi, the 014 bridgestones are a great road tyre so are the pirelli diablo super corsa tyres, i use them both on my fz1 and zx10r road bike and track bike r6, the diablo super corsa give more grip than the 014 s but dont last as long, i never rated the standard dunlops. if you want to try a pair of my pirelli diablo super corsa tyres which have only done 6 practise laps give me a shout, super sticky but like i said ya dont get big miles out of them. daz

over the last few months I have tried the new Bridgestone BT-016, on my old 07 (RIP) and also on my new 08/09 and all I can say is incredible, I actually called Bridgestone UK to compliment them on what a brilliant tyre they are, and being 48 years old and about as cynical as you can pretty much get, thats no mean task! I usually ride either Pirelli, or Metzler sportec M3's, have used BT-014's, Avon Vipers, Dunlop Qualifier RR's and in my opinion these BT-016's beat them all ..in ALL conditions, I was actually so surprised at the ride quality I pulled over and kicked them to make sure I didnt have a flat! Dual compound front tyre and triple compound rear tyre. They inspire so much confidence its breath taking and cornering?.... bloody awesome..... longevity? on the new bike 1500 miles and still going strong....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online