Engine Noise

JohnGuttridge
This post is 5738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Im new to this biking stuff so hope someone can help me with this, i have a Thundercat 600R and after a hard ride out the engine was noisy, when i start the bike cold it puffs exhaust smoke out fro mthe front of the bike someware, is this a common problem or just a knackered gasket someware.

Please help

Thanks

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oil level? When was the oil last changed?

Cats can burn oil, like the Aces. The only way to solve the problem is to fit oversized piston rings. As it is, it is not a major issue, but keep an eye on the oil level. A pint every 1000 miles is not uncommon.

Also, check the exhaust clamps and downpipes. You may have a hole and/or leak.

Oil level? When was the oil last changed?

Cats can burn oil, like the Aces. The only way to solve the problem is to fit oversized piston rings. As it is, it is not a major issue, but keep an eye on the oil level. A pint every 1000 miles is not uncommon.

Also, check the exhaust clamps and downpipes. You may have a hole and/or leak.

I will check them as soon as i get infront of it in the light, i could be oil then coz havent put any in since the service in April, oops.

To check the downpipes i will have to take the ferring off as i dont have a socket to squeeze in between the rad and the engine,

Thanks for your help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online